Closed Thread

Reload Thread: right 6x9 making rattling noise.. may need replacing help me find replacement

Tater_Salad is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

right 6x9 making rattling noise.. may need replacing help me find replacement

i have a pair of pioneer premier 6x9 full ranges they sounded awsome in my little car until I think i might have fried my right one it makes a rattling noise like its got a quarter stuck in it or something can it be repaird?
    if not what speakers should i replace the with? i was thinking maybe infinity kappa 693.5I or Pioneer TS-A6990R if i can find a good price
    Last edited by Tater_Salad; 11-19-2004 at 10:51 PM.

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: right 6x9 making rattling noise.. may need replacing help me find replacement

do you have subs in your trunk? i ended up blowing the cone on one of my rear deck speakers from the bass in my trunk making the cone excurd too far. the solution is some cheap baffles from local shop or at crutchfield etc.

Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: right 6x9 making rattling noise.. may need replacing help me find replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Tater_Salad
    i have a pair of pioneer premier 6x9 full ranges they sounded awsome in my little car until I think i might have fried my right one it makes a rattling noise like its got a quarter stuck in it or something can it be repaird?
    if not what speakers should i replace the with? i was thinking maybe infinity kappa 693.5I or Pioneer TS-A6990R if i can find a good price

turn it down!

anywho, they would not be worth gettin fixed...go to www.ikesound.com for some great deals on speaks...ebay prices but not ebay...

what do you have in front and are you amping them? if so what are you using?

p.s. check to see if a screw or sumtin came undone causeing that noise..
    Last edited by Sleeklsc; 11-20-2004 at 03:19 AM.

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no sub... but planning on one 12"
    im only running these 2 for now since im broke but they sounded way good since my car is so small (84 vw rabbit pics soon)
    baffles?

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tater_Salad
    no sub... but planning on one 12"
    im only running these 2 for now since im broke but they sounded way good since my car is so small (84 vw rabbit pics soon)
    baffles?
    yeah baffles--they these cheap *** little foam things that you put over the trunk side of the speakers to keep the air pressure from subwoofers from pushing on the cones of your 6x9

if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i fixed it...

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

glad to hear it!

what was the prob?

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not sure really... but there was a drop of soder on the woofer cone that I scraped off prolly caused some imbalance and i tightend the magnet on the bottom

MValley70 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well that good that you fixed it...but i was going to say i had some JBL T595 Limited 6x9's for sale if you wanted them

HERE is a link to them

Scott, SC

My milkshake is better than yours

Closed Thread