Closed Thread

Reload Thread: new car in january... buying stereo now :-D... 3-way component suggestions?多?

Slody4Futbol is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

new car in january... buying stereo now :-D... 3-way component suggestions?多?

getting a mazda 3 5-door hatch in a few months... but i'm buying all my stereo components now while i don't have a car note... keeping the old stereo in the integra because i'm giving that car 2 my sister next year so everything is gonna be new...

so far i've bought my head unit - Pioneer AVIC-N1... that's it... i'm looking into an audiocontrol EQS... 3 inputs... 3 ouputs...

i would like either 2 or 3-way components... i want something REALLY nice... not gonna say price is not an option because i dont' want someone throwing in suggestions towards some $2700 components lol but i'd like to keep the set under $500... and a matching set of coaxials in the rear doors... or i might leave the stock ones in... i've never used rear speakers so not like i'll miss it... i'm fully open for some good 6遜" components... 2 or 3-way... if 3-way since there is a stock tweeter location... should i mount the tweeter there? or put it in the kickpanel... and what should i put in the kick panel with it? midrange? or the 6遜?

Been out of this for a longgg time...

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: new car in january... buying stereo now :-D... 3-way component suggestions?多?

If you go 3-ways, then put the mids and tweets in kicks and midbass in the door. If you go two way, then I'd try to keep the mids and tweets fairly close.

2-way vs. 3-way; Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Just depends on the trade-offs you want. 3-ways require more installation and tuning work than 2-ways, but 3-ways have advantages over 2-ways in other areas.

Check out Boston Acoustics Pro6.5s, Focal Polykevlars and Utopias, MB Quart QSD's, Image Dynamics Chamealon's, DLS Iridiums, as well as Morel, Arc Audio and Rainbow.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: new car in january... buying stereo now :-D... 3-way component suggestions?多?

hmm... what about 2... 2-way component sets... one set in the doors... and another in the kicks... what are some good component sets that offer good midbass... $300 or less?

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Going with two sets of 2-ways pretty much kills the advantages of using a 2-way comp setup

LOL....and you dropped from $500 and less to $300 or less? Which one is it

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol oh well it was a thought... i really wanna build kick panels though... i was thinkin if i was gonna get 2 comp sets then i'd wanna spend around $500-$600 still.. so i had 2 lower my price for the set... but i looked at the image dynamics chameleon components... they look pretty awesome... and people say they are good... who knows... maybe i'll get those... and finally put to use the 2 12" idq subs i have in my closet ...

Redford is offline I get angry when Im sober

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

get 3ways, and spend your time tuning because in the end, its worth it.

1995 Camry LE 4 Cylinder Automatic Sedan
    Green Silver Pearl Metallic Clearcoat and/or Silverleaf Metallic
    No performance mods
    Clear bumper lights
    Clarion DXZ835MP
    Boston Acoustics ProSeries 6.53 in doors and Q-Logic kicks
    Polk/Momo 4 channel amp

Closed Thread