Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

front stage help

I have a crew cab f-250.
    I will have a sealed enclosure for my 15" xxx as my center console, with the sub firing to the back.
    Currently, I have some crap boston coaxils in the doors and 5x8's in the stock location behind the rear bench. I will be deleting the rear fill and going with 2-ways up front.
    For the front I have ordered 4 Adire extremis 6's(to get a 4ohm load) which I plan to x-over at 3.5khz. My doors are pretty large with lots of space so I can either run the midwoofers IB or ported @45hz as recomended by adire.

1. Should I mount a pair of mids in each door with a tweeter?

2. Mount a mid and tweeter in each door and two mids in the front of my center console.

3. Make 4 2-ways one in each door and a pair in the center console?

I am a newbie at sq or anything other than subs so bear with me.

Also could you guys reccomend a tweeter to finish off the 2-ways.
    thanks

mildly bombed 99' cc f-250
    15" xxx
    bx1500d
    extremis 6 (soon hopefully)
    something else when I find it

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: front stage help

Quote Originally Posted by bent70
    I will have a sealed enclosure for my 15" xxx as my center console, with the sub firing to the back.
    Dear god that's going to be a huge center console

1. Should I mount a pair of mids in each door with a tweeter?
    Sounds very good.....although I don't know if a single tweeter on each side will keep up with a 15" XXX and 4 Extremis

2. Mount a mid and tweeter in each door and two mids in the front of my center console.
    Bad idea

3. Make 4 2-ways one in each door and a pair in the center console?
    Bad idea.

Also could you guys reccomend a tweeter to finish off the 2-ways.
    thanks
    As I pointed out, a single pair of tweeters might have a hard time keeping up with such a powerful system. You may seriously want to look into horns (Image Dynamics and USD). They will get loud as hell and be able to keep up with the rest of the system very well. Plus, I personally like horns better then tweeters. I have a pair of horns, and I know I'll never go back to regular tweeters again. But horns will definitely need some equalization, so that is another component you will need to purchase.

Also, keep in mind that the more speakers you have, the more level matching and phasing problems you are going to have.

bent70 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The center console isn't going to be that bad.
    It'll 17"x17" in the back and quickly tapers down to 17"w x 8.5" tall. Depth will be 21", approximatly the depth of my seats. I'll bend the mdf to make the taper.(top sheet).

It looks cool in my head and the template I made of the side profile.

Currently, I have one set of extremis preordered. The only reason I was thinking of getting four would be to run each pair parallel to get a four ohm load for desent power out of an amp. I want to run bettween 150-250w to the components.
    I'm not sure on the horn, since I really don't have any good spots to mount them. Plus, they will end up costing more than my budget will allow.
    So mounting the mids in the doors and tweets in the a-pillers or like sounds best.
    If I get some efficent tweets is there any reason why I can't run them off the deck through its eq. The deck is a pioneer p8600mp.
    thanks

mildly bombed 99' cc f-250
    15" xxx
    bx1500d
    extremis 6 (soon hopefully)
    something else when I find it

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bent70
    Currently, I have one set of extremis preordered. The only reason I was thinking of getting four would be to run each pair parallel to get a four ohm load for desent power out of an amp.
    Each speaker would still only get the same amount of power......only you'd have 4 instead of only 2. If you want to wait a little bit longer (since the 8ohm'ers aren't even shipping till November), 4ohm Extremis are going to be released, they just haven't been finalized yet. I'd imagine they'd ship very shortly after the 8ohm Extremis.

So mounting the mids in the doors and tweets in the a-pillers or like sounds best.
    Hard to say, just play with the tweeter placement and see what sounds best to you. That's the great thing about tweeters, they are small and easy to move Just get some velcro from Home Depot and go to town trying out different positions.

If I get some efficent tweets is there any reason why I can't run them off the deck through its eq. The deck is a pioneer p8600mp.
    thanks
    Yes.....the amp simply won't give them enough power to keep up with the rest of the system. Plus the HU's internal amp would clip way before the rest of the system, so the tweeters would be a major limiting factor to the level of volume you could get with the system. About the only thing that would keep up off of HU power is horns..........

Closed Thread