Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Will I Be Jealous (Pt. 2)?

sungwei is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will I Be Jealous (Pt. 2)?

Ok I have a pair of MB Quart RCE 216 6.5" components powered by an xtant 403a.

My brother will soon have his CDT CL 61as 6.5" components installed powered by a Hifonics Warrior.

My friend (96greencivic) will soon have his Orion 6.5" components installed this weekend powered by a Direct Audio 600/5 amp.

These are all solid set ups. Only advantage I have is probably a better headunit (Alpine 9813). Brother is running a Jenson and 96greencivic running a Kenwood.

We're installing them this week. How do you think we will compare to each other? Will I be jealous?

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Will I Be Jealous (Pt. 2)?

Too many variables to tell. Each car would sound different even if you were all using the exact same speakers.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    Too many variables to tell. Each car would sound different even if you were all using the exact same speakers.
    I don't completely agree. My brother has a Camry so it's a very simlar design to my car (4 door sedan) and my friend has a Civic. The Civic is smaller, but still the set up is very similar. If you were comparing a truck, SUV, or van, to a sedan I could see your point, but sedan to sedan I think is pretty much the same.

bass maniak is offline Team Poundin Sound

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lmao man are u in a caraduio war with your bro n friends?
    it doesnt matter as long as you are happy cause trust me there will always be somone louder and somone that sounds better. lol i never thought i could rearange that quote to use in caraudio lol

Chuch AKA Tha Mad Scientist

Team Poundin Sound
    Joker Kustoms
    Boost Junkie Motor Sports
    Street Poetry Productions
    Wreaking Havoc Records

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just install it and see. like squeak said, theres too many variables. if ur jealous, then upgrade urs and make him jealous

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sungwei
    I don't completely agree. My brother has a Camry so it's a very simlar design to my car (4 door sedan) and my friend has a Civic. The Civic is smaller, but still the set up is very similar. If you were comparing a truck, SUV, or van, to a sedan I could see your point, but sedan to sedan I think is pretty much the same.
    It isn't the type of car that matters, it's the design of the interior. If the interior design's are at all different, in any way, shape, or form, then the car's will have different frequency responses.

Depression is offline ISSUES

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very true...I thought this theory was crap..I have a 92 Ext Cab truck and the tight cab and acoustics give me a Great sound with almost any speaker and amp.
    I have heard very "mediocre systems" sound Amazing in these trucks while $5000 MB quart set ups in a Benz don't compare.
    I am a believer
    Thats the trick with car audio and probably why people BASH certain brands. One brand will sound amazing in one ride and like crap in another. I got CDT's for my Truck..but Alpine Type X are 150 cheaper and could easily out shine the CDT's...I hope not..but it would not suprise me with all the "intangibles" that go on in Car audio systems.
    Again..let me know about those ORIONS

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The question/comparison is all in good fun. Honestly my prediction is that they will all sound comparable but distinct in their own way. I'm really excited to be able to hear so many different set ups in one day. I wouldn't upgrade my speakers or sub just yet because my install could stand to use some serious upgrading. For one my door panels need to be sound dampened as does my trunk. My amp isn't even properly secured yet. I could also benefit from a ported box for my sub. Those upgrades aren't much money, just some time and effort, but would probably really improve my sound.

Closed Thread