+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Better Speakers for the money?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Better Speakers for the money?

Hello!

I just bought a Ford Bronco that has the following sets of speakers: 2x 6.5" speakers in the front doors and 2x 6x9" speakers for the back seat area. No sub. I now want to sound dampen the car, add good amps and replace all the speakers and ad a 12" subwoofer. I am looking at the Rockford Fosgate Punch series for all 3 types of speakers I need. I listen to mostly metal and I'm wondering if this would give me that chest-pounding "punch" I'm looking for wen listening to Exodus going down the highway!

Jokes aside, the 6.5" speaker costs about $60 a piece, the 6x9 cost $65 and the 12" sub costs $147. For a total price for all 5 speakers of almost exactly $400 or so (Amazon prices).

I'm wondering if anyone recommends any other speakers for the money. I'm looking to spend up to $2000 for the entire setup (sound deadening, amplifiers, audio sources, digital sound processor etc). Like I said, I am looking for something punchy but at the same time at lower volumes "alive", being able to hear every instrument, having a nice balance of it all.

BroncosNeverDie is online now Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Re: Better Speakers for the money?

I apologize, I was looking at the '96 Ford Bronco spec sheet. My '94 Bronco has 6x8" speakers on the rear seat not 6x9. I apologize and thanks for the help!

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7918 Post(s)

These are identical to the alpine type X series a few years ago which were made very well and is highly regarded in the Sound Quality community in DIYMA forums.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-alpine...-/222318486214

These are solid performing mids with good midbass punch Thats priced per mid
    https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...1/2-wool-cone/

These are midbass monsters but need a lot of amplifier power.
    https://www.diysoundgroup.com/anarchy7-4ohm.html

Best amp in the budget class, nothing comes close right now on the market. does 120 x 4 at 4 ohms through dyno tests, underrated.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pioneer-G...&wl13=&veh=sem

You will want to spend absolutely nothing on the 6x8s in the back and focus all your power on the front or else you'll end up with weak underpowered sounding speakers that will 100% disappoint because when you play the music louder and your amplifier cannot produce enough clean power, you end up with sh*tty/harsh sounding speakers with distortion and speaker break up not to mention waaay weaker midbass. Midbass drivers need A LOT OF power. Leave the stock 6x8s there on head unit power. The 4 channel amp will have two channels powering the tweeter and two powering the midrange.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6181 Post(s)

Where in WA are ya?

97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Interstate battery
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Jcsaudio is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

Good list!

I had forgotten about those Silver Flutes, and I’m looking for something good and inexpensive for the doors of my F150 daily driver WT to get by for now, so I just bought these from Madisound for $81 shipped. Can’t beat that if they are as good as people say they are.

Thanks Jeff for posting those.

Edit: I just installed/swapped that Pioneer D8604 with the 40 wpc Alpine I had in the Ford Truck. This is an awesome amplifier, and the increase in dynamic range due to the more than 60 wpc increase is noticeable. Sounds every bit as good as all the other amplifiers I have or had.

2014 Sienna 2-way active SQ system. SB Acoustics SB29RDCN Tweeters. Focal PS165V mid woofers. Pioneer D9500F 75 watts RMS x 4. Pioneer BHS 5800 HU. AudioControl EQX. 10 Alpine SWS sub in custom ported box tuned to 35 hz on JBL GTX 500.
    2014 F-150 XL WT 2-way active budget SQ system. Tang Band 25-302SH 1" tweeters. Dayton Audio ND140-4 mid woofers. Pioneer D8604. JBL Club 5501. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP & FIX 86. Sundown SD3 10 sub ported/ 33Hz 1 cube.
    2014 CX5 3-way active SQ system. Pioneer 1330 NIX HU. Dayton AMT tweeters. Celestion AN2775 2-3/4 midrange. NVX XSP65 mid woofers. Pioneer PRS D4200F 75 WPC x 4. Infinity K1000. JL Audio Twk 88 DSP. Sundown SA 12 2 cube/33Hz.

+ Reply to Thread