Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Help getting my pa mid's blend with my tweets

Ok so I have some pa powerbass xpro 6.5 mid's in my door and massive ct-2 tweets in the dash just wondering if it's better to cross the tweets high like 5k or so and just let the mids take care of 5k and down since it was noted in the manual it could play up to 7k I think ...usually I get a better staging crossing the tweeter lower..

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7783 Post(s)

Re: Help getting my pa mid's blend with my tweets

just experiment, it'll be different in every car. some cars worked fine with 3k at -18 db, some works great at 8k at -6 db, some worked great at 2.5 at -24 db. Its all dependant on the midrange driver and overall interactions with the vehicle's acoustics. Cookie cutter crossover points wont help you, you need to put in at least an hour of experimenting.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

bajbass is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

ok i also read some where if u use a 12 db slope on both mids and highs u need to reverse the polarity on the tweets so they will be back in phase at crossover point is that true?

Water Bear is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

No, that is not true. Changing amplitude (applying a crossover) has no relation to changing phase.

Edit: actually, changing the polarity of the tweet relarive to the mid could create destructive interference, reducing total output.

Quote Originally Posted by bajbass View Post
    ok i also read some where if u use a 12 db slope on both mids and highs u need to reverse the polarity on the tweets so they will be back in phase at crossover point is that true?
    Sent from my SGH-S970G using Tapatalk

Polk DB 6.5 components and coaxials, Alpine MRV M1200 (1200x1 @ 2) and MRX F30 (50x4 @ 4) amplifiers, Pioneer double din HU, Sundown SA-12 in ported enclosure (built to spec).

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7783 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bajbass View Post
    No thats horse sh*t

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List