+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: in an active system: morel elate 602 components vs comparable 3 way?

DuoGoober is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

in an active system: morel elate 602 components vs comparable 3 way?

i'm looking at the morel elate 602s comps for my system but then i started thinking that wouldn't a really really good 3 way speaker set sound better than an excellent component set?

are there a cheaper pair of 3 ways (if not morel then preferably focal) that will still sound as good or better? would the 3 way morel virtus or focal p165f3 sound better?

i realize id probably have to get another amp which is another thing but what are the the arguments for and against an expensive 2 way vs slightly lower end 3 way system?

the rest of the system consists of a mosconi 4to6 dsp and go with 2 evo10s powered by an arc xdi 1100.1
    thanks for any advice!

trumpet is online now Supporting Vendor trumpet is a Supporting Member of the forum!

trumpet is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1849 Post(s)

Re: in an active system: morel elate 602 components vs comparable 3 way?

Quote Originally Posted by DuoGoober View Post
    i'm looking at the morel elate 602s comps for my system but then i started thinking that wouldn't a really really good 3 way speaker set sound better than an excellent component set?

are there a cheaper pair of 3 ways (if not morel then preferably focal) that will still sound as good or better? would the 3 way morel virtus or focal p165f3 sound better?

i realize id probably have to get another amp which is another thing but what are the the arguments for and against an expensive 2 way vs slightly lower end 3 way system?

the rest of the system consists of a mosconi 4to6 dsp and go with 2 evo10s powered by an arc xdi 1100.1
    thanks for any advice!
    Your 4to6 DSP only has 6 channels for output. That means you're going to need another active crossover to further divide the signals as you will have 3 pairs of speakers plus the subwoofer for a total of 7 channels.

You could use the 4to8 or chain in a second 4to6 for more channel control.

Until this handled there is no need to look at most 3-way components. However, there is a number of options by CDT Audio that can have active midbass woofers and passive mid+tweeter pairs, powered by 4 amplifier channels. Do you have $600-700 to spend now?

Rubyserv - I believe I can delivery joy every time you drive by the power of an incredible sound system. Barry Schanz, Owner
    Authorized dealer for CDT Audio - Shop With Us Now.
    FB | Rubyservsales
    IG | Rubyserv

DuoGoober is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: in an active system: morel elate 602 components vs comparable 3 way?

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
    Your 4to6 DSP only has 6 channels for output. That means you're going to need another active crossover to further divide the signals as you will have 3 pairs of speakers plus the subwoofer for a total of 7 channels.

You could use the 4to8 or chain in a second 4to6 for more channel control.

Until this handled there is no need to look at most 3-way components. However, there is a number of options by CDT Audio that can have active midbass woofers and passive mid+tweeter pairs, powered by 4 amplifier channels. Do you have $600-700 to spend now?
    thanks for the reply! nothing's been purchased yet so i can ask the shop about doing the 6to8 and 3 ways instead of the fancy components. gives me something to think about though. thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread