Closed Thread

Reload Thread: very dissaponted with the performance of mb quart pce 216

luv2bass is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

very dissaponted with the performance of mb quart pce 216

i'm very dissaponted with the performance of mb quart pce 216.in mb quart's web page says about a high end line but the truth is far away of this.
    the components are nicely built.no complains about this.also the tweeter is excellent from every view.high build quality,innovative design and crystal clear highs.this tweeter made me decide i am a titanium dome fan.i placed a silk vifa tweeter with same impedance(so same cross frequency)at one side of car(door)and figured out that silk isn't so bright and detailed.something i didn't like.
    the problem must be the midrange.little bass because of low xmax and lack of higher mid frequencies over 1khz.although the crossover is nice built the midrange seems to be the wrong driver for this set.the voices come coloured and unnatural and only over 2.5khz(crossover point)things clear out.
    also the midrange makes an anoying sound that comes from inside the pole piece.that's because there isn't any dustcap over the cone but instead of it there is a metal phase plug.when strong bass plays hard in music,you can hear the air noise come around the phase plug as a bad design bass reflex.

have you heard this set?

what do you recomend as a better alternative?

is focal utopia a solution?

mikesh is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: very dissaponted with the performance of mb quart pce 216

Quote Originally Posted by luv2bass
    i'm very dissaponted with the performance of mb quart pce 216.in mb quart's web page says about a high end line but the truth is far away of this.
    the components are nicely built.no complains about this.also the tweeter is excellent from every view.high build quality,innovative design and crystal clear highs.this tweeter made me decide i am a titanium dome fan.i placed a silk vifa tweeter with same impedance(so same cross frequency)at one side of car(door)and figured out that silk isn't so bright and detailed.something i didn't like.
    the problem must be the midrange.little bass because of low xmax and lack of higher mid frequencies over 1khz.although the crossover is nice built the midrange seems to be the wrong driver for this set.the voices come coloured and unnatural and only over 2.5khz(crossover point)things clear out.
    also the midrange makes an anoying sound that comes from inside the pole piece.that's because there isn't any dustcap over the cone but instead of it there is a metal phase plug.when strong bass plays hard in music,you can hear the air noise come around the phase plug as a bad design bass reflex.

have you heard this set?

what do you recomend as a better alternative?

is focal utopia a solution?
    Oh.. was intending to get it as well, can to share what amp are u powering it with, and did u soundproof the doors?

luv2bass is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: very dissaponted with the performance of mb quart pce 216

i had a macaudio mx2000.the cheapest amp of macaudio.i thought it was amps fault the bad sound of speakers.i bought a pg t600.4 but almost nothing changed.

it's very difficult to understand a difference between 2 amps.

the mb set plays in sealed panels.the doors are full of 2 layers dynamat.

Closed Thread