Closed Thread

Reload Thread: I Need major HELP!!! Please?

Ricky22567 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I Need major HELP!!! Please?

I have an Alpine (Model CDA-9805) HU. It's rating is 50W x 4. Installed in a Honda CRX. Rear speakers are Pioneer 6.5 Components (100W). Front speakers are Sony 5 1/4 Coaxial (160W). But, I can not get clean, loud sound. Volume control starts at 0 and ends at 35 with the built in amp off it sounds ok at about 18-20 (depending on the music). with the built in amp on it sounds ok at 12-15 (also depending on the music). If I tune it for clear sound in the highs and mids then the bass suffers, and visa-versa. What can I do? Also what would be a good speaker/sub & amp combo for this car and HU. Any help at all I will be very thankful.

Thanks, Ricky from VA

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: I Need major HELP!!! Please?

I'm sorry I was wrong. I thought it was turning the built in amp on/off but it wasn't. The button I was refering to is actually the MX(Media Xpander) button. With it on it sounds ok at about a volume of 12-15 with it off about 18-20. but like I had said if I get the spekers to sound good with the highs and mids then the bass suffers and visa-versa.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK thanks. I will try that. Just one more thing, I am satisfied that I have decent speakers now as far as mids and highs are concerned, but what is a decent choice for a sub system, enclosed, ported, bandpass and ould my HU be enuff to power it alone, sorry to be such a pain in the butt

insearchofbass is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky22567
    I have an Alpine (Model CDA-9805) HU. It's rating is 50W x 4. Installed in a Honda CRX. Rear speakers are Pioneer 6.5 Components (100W). Front speakers are Sony 5 1/4 Coaxial (160W). But, I can not get clean, loud sound. Volume control starts at 0 and ends at 35 with the built in amp off it sounds ok at about 18-20 (depending on the music). with the built in amp on it sounds ok at 12-15 (also depending on the music). If I tune it for clear sound in the highs and mids then the bass suffers, and visa-versa. What can I do? Also what would be a good speaker/sub & amp combo for this car and HU. Any help at all I will be very thankful.

Thanks, Ricky from VA

ricky i have the same head unit and i know what your talking about with the mx on the sound is much fuller for my highs and im pretty sure thats why you like it on also. If i were you i would do one of two things either adjust your amp gains for your highs if you have multiple amps or add either bass blockers (cheap way) or an electronic crossover to filter out the bass frequencies 12 db curve should be sufficient. Then adjust your amp gain and crossover on your subwoofer amp as well.

thanks,

in search of bass

linksyz is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i had a problem with my alpine 9835 when i had hu's xover at flat curve, when i set it to 24dB it sounds great. i doubt that 9805 has xover but if it does set it to 24dB

2008 Nissan 350Z

Alpine CDA-9887
    Focal 165 K2P
    DLS Iridium 10"
    Alpine PDX 4.150
    Alpine PDX 1.600

Closed Thread

User Tag List