Reload Thread: Crossovers

LivinLoud is offline Save The Planet--Buy DD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crossovers

I have Infinity components. I need help on how to hook up the crossovers to the door speakers and the tweeters.

this is what is on the crossover

- IN + - WF + - TW + -3dB

Do I have to use every terminal or not? Thanks

fossil99ca is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Crossovers

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLoud
    I have Infinity components. I need help on how to hook up the crossovers to the door speakers and the tweeters.

this is what is on the crossover

- IN + - WF + - TW + -3dB

Do I have to use every terminal or not? Thanks

Have you read the instruction manual?

http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Ow...605cs%20om.pdf

Incase you did and still dont understand (make sure all power is off first to the amp or head unit):

1) Hook the positive (+) and negative (-) from your amp or head unit to the positive (+) and negative (-) IN on the cross over. Positive to Positive, Negative to Negative.
    2) Hook the positive (+) and negative (-) from the WF (woofer) on the crossover to the terminals on the mid-bass speaker. The LARGE terminal on the speakers is the positive (+) and the SMALL terminal is the negative (-). Positive to Positive, Negative to Negative. (You can buy the proper connectors from any auto supply store, very cheap. I think you will need some extra 14 or 16 Gauge speaker wire for this as it is not supplied.)
    3) Hook a wire from the negative (-) connection on the TW (tweeter) on the crossover to the black wire attached to the back of the tweeter. Depending on the distance between the tweeter and the crossover you may need to extend this wire (you can use the same 12 or 14 gauge wire you used on the woofer, crimp well with some butt end connectors from the auto supply store).
    4) NOW, to answer your question (you only need to use 6 of the 7 connections). The red wire coming out of the tweeter can either be hooked to the TW (+) OR the -3db connection. I would suggest you start with the -3db connection. This makes the tweeter quieter buy 3db. Later, try both and see what you like.

Just make sure all connections are very secure, tug on them, if they pull out, re-do them.

LivinLoud is offline Save The Planet--Buy DD

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only have 4 wires. Positive and Negative from the tweeter and the speaker. They are connected to my head unit. Maybe I dont understand then...

fossil99ca is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLoud
    I only have 4 wires. Positive and Negative from the tweeter and the speaker. They are connected to my head unit. Maybe I dont understand then...

Who did your install originally (you)? You are lucky you havent blown anything. If you dont understand after this, time for professional help.

This is what it should look like. Repeat this for the left side using the left speaker-outs on the head unit:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crossovers-speakerwires.jpg  

Closed Thread