+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: in search of great sounding from stage

Rob97SH is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

in search of great sounding from stage

Been doing some research for a new front sound stage. CL-6E32 - CDT Audio 3-Way and CXS62 V2 - Image Dynamics 6.5" have my eyes. But any suggestions would be great. My main music is hard rock if that helps. My cash range is up to $350. Although I have not heard these speakers in person I'm going off what I've read. I would love to get focal K2 speakers just don't have that kind of cash and I don't know how good the other Focal speakers are.

bbusch is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: in search of great sounding from stage

What vehicle are we talking here? Are you looking for components or would you consider coaxial speakers? I have been very happy with my Focal PC 165 speakers in my Jeep mounted in a nice set of custom pods on the roll cage, also I run the Focal CVX 165's (older version, discontinued) in my boat and they rock very nice (the PC series is in your price range). A bit more than you want to spend but I recently bought a set of Focal Flax Cone Components (165FX) and they are of similar quality as the K2's at nearly half the price due to the fact they are not as intense to build (all K2's are hand made) so the manufacture's cost is lower. The bass is very nice when properly enclosed and the tweets to me don't come off too bright, nice neutral sound. I always find myself leaning toward coaxial speakers because of the simplicity but in the right automobile components can be fun to dial in.

+ Reply to Thread