+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: need explaining of running active.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

need explaining of running active.

Some one please explain benefits. s of running active. I have front components and rear coax. Now if I remove the crossover and plug tweeters in its own channel how would tune be handled.? I have a 8 band equalizer on my radio. Pioneer touchscreen p1400pdvd.

Now if I'm active and increase or decrease 10 or 8 khz will that increase or decrease just the highs on the tweeters?
    How does the actual separation tune between the highs and mids go about tuning?

What settings should my headunit crossover be on? Choices are off 65 85 100 125

Frequency on my amp goes 40-400 Hz
    Cross over on amp is hp/ap/lp ..I know for tweeters its gonna be on hp...mids f and r ap? Now when I use the amp crossover does that affect my headunit settings?

Someone please explain these to me.

What exactly does the loudness do?

phemps is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

Re: need explaining of running active.

Sounds like you don't even have an active capable setup. what amp do you have? im trying to figure out what the AP setting your talking about is, im guessing its a crossover defeat and stands for all pass? if it said BP it would make sense as a bandpass filter. you sure want to cross over tweets a hell of a lot higher than 400 hz, so unless your amp has a multipier switch for the crossover your out of luck with that amp. It also sounds like your headunit probably isnt active capable which is most common

Refs: Rio, DbzArson, goodstuff, Worstenemy453

Quote Originally Posted by Altec View Post
    Then obviously I am asking the wrong person, because you don't know how to hook up subs if they sounded like "****". Maybe learn your ohms and your diagrams before you call something ****. Learn to make boxes to specs and use the right wires and its called dynomat. Then maybe your car wouldn't of sounded like ****, yeah?

sicilianiggy is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Re: need explaining of running active.

Quote Originally Posted by phemps View Post
    Sounlike you don't even have an active capable setup. what amp do you have? im trying to figure out what the AP setting your talking about is, im guessing its a crossover defeat and stands for all pass? if it said BP it would make sense as a bandpass filter. you sure want to cross over tweets a hell of a lot higher than 400 hz, so unless your amp has a multipier switch for the crossover your out of luck with that amp. It also sounds like your headunit probably isnt active capable which is most common
    My amp has a 3 way switch on the front and rear channel . Its say l.p. low pass ap all pass and hp high pass. This wouldn't work for a active setup?

+ Reply to Thread