+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Reload Thread: Just some quick questions. Advice would be greatly welcomed :)

  1. #16
    GuysIGotThis's Avatar
    GuysIGotThis is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, CA
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just some quick questions. Advice would be greatly welcomed :)

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Invest that money into deadening and proper locations in the front.
    I don't mind deadening my car but I really want to avoid drilling into my door panels. I was just going to leave it in the stock location. The speakers are in the bottom of my door panels and the tweeters are in the top corner of the dash. http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf...02/tweeter.jpg







  2. #17
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

    Re: Just some quick questions. Advice would be greatly welcomed :)

    Quote Originally Posted by GuysIGotThis View Post
    I don't mind deadening my car but I really want to avoid drilling into my door panels. I was just going to leave it in the stock location. The speakers are in the bottom of my door panels and the tweeters are in the top corner of the dash. http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf...02/tweeter.jpg
    Those are terrible locations for tweeters. I'd highly recommend getting some q-logic kickpanels if they make them for your make/model car. Throw mids and tweets in the kicks and if you want throw some more mids or dedicated midbass in the doors with some deadening. Some good kick locations for the fronts will be a much better return for your investment (in sound and imaging) than loading up every factory hole with speakers.




  3. #18
    Cliff459's Avatar
    Cliff459 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just some quick questions. Advice would be greatly welcomed :)

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Those are terrible locations for tweeters. I'd highly recommend getting some q-logic kickpanels if they make them for your make/model car. Throw mids and tweets in the kicks and if you want throw some more mids or dedicated midbass in the doors with some deadening. Some good kick locations for the fronts will be a much better return for your investment (in sound and imaging) than loading up every factory hole with speakers.
    +1 to this comment, oh so true! My friend just put some low cost JL components in the kick panel of his 2010 Ford Ranger and it was the best investment he made in his whole system yet. It really improved the imaging doing this, stuff just jumps out at you now when you're listening!




  4. #19
    GuysIGotThis's Avatar
    GuysIGotThis is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, CA
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just some quick questions. Advice would be greatly welcomed :)

    I didn't even know something like that existed. I can't seem to find any for my 2007 civic though




  5. #20
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

    Re: Just some quick questions. Advice would be greatly welcomed :)

    Quote Originally Posted by GuysIGotThis View Post
    I didn't even know something like that existed. I can't seem to find any for my 2007 civic though
    ***** to be you. They only go as new as 05 for the civic it seems. Sadly it doesn't look like they're really supporting a lot of new stuff at all which is a shame because they work and look great and even at MSRP are probably less money than having something with comparable looks built custom.




  6. Thanks GuysIGotThis thanked for this post
  7. #21
    GuysIGotThis's Avatar
    GuysIGotThis is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, CA
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just some quick questions. Advice would be greatly welcomed :)

    Sigh... **** my newer civic! So then I have a new question. Since my stock tweeter location is horrid would I just be better off to put in 6.5" Coaxial speakers all way round? Just forget about the separate tweeters all together? I would be sticking with these CL-6EX 6.5" Coaxial Speakers | Easy Way Electronics




+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Advice would be greatly appreciated please!
    By JayWheezy in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2013, 11:24 AM
  2. i need help anyones opinion and advice would be greatly apreciated.....
    By Steve615 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 03:24 PM
  3. Some opinions from you guys would be great :)
    By Luzah in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 01:51 AM
  4. GO A FEW ?'s ABOUT INSTALL DVD PAYER WITH TVS IN MY RIDE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
    By fosgate SVT in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2002, 04:20 PM
  5. some advice would be nice
    By Unregistered in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2002, 09:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum