+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Ds18

Ja50nh is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ds18

Hi guys, first time poster so please go easy on me, this post is about 2 seperate cars.

First car: for Christmas I planned to buy some speakers for both the brother in laws and my own car, they are 5x7. Upon some searching I found a few car stores that stock DS18 gear (Australia by the way). So I decided to buy some SLC5.7 speakers which are apparently 4 way 300w/90wrms per speaker, after deciding on the speakers I chose the SLC1800.4 4 channel amplifier putting out 125rms per channel.

Second car: By no means am I an audiophile, my system (different car)consists of a pair of clarion splits, 2 ways hooked up to a clarion 4ch and 2 clarion subwoofers hooked upto a option audio monoblock. This system mentioned I plan to replace with DS18 speaks/subs/amps if the above turns out any good.

Now, am I expecting to much from the speakers and amplifier? Are the figures overshot trying to lure customers in to buy? I'd like to hear from anyone who has used or is currently using any DS18 equipment.

Thanks guys,
    Jay.

Ja50nh is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ds18

Anyone able to help me out?

Infinitely is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ds18

Hi Ja50nh,

This is also my first reply/post on a thread on this website so take it easy on me as well.
    I have tried numerous brands of car audio equipment for an Infinity Fx, a Mitsubishi Elantra, a Toyota Rav 4, and a Hyundai Elantra. I've done it all... from Pioneer to Kicker, to JVC. While I've noticed that some brands claim to have superior quality than others (and they reflect it on pricing), I haven't seen any other brand out there in the market that keeps all their promises 100% of the time. Therefore, if you really want to get good-looking and great-sounding equipment that competes in pricing tremendously and has a look and feel (plus their amplifiers are truly the best I've seen) of contemporary equipment... I'd go with DS/18 9 times out of 10.

Hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread