Closed Thread

Reload Thread: What does everyone think of Infinity Kappa (60.5cs)? 6.5" component, or Alpine type R

Jeepaudio is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What does everyone think of Infinity Kappa (60.5cs)? 6.5" component, or Alpine type R

What does everyone think of Infinity Kappa (60.5cs)? 6.5" component, or Alpine type R? Which do you think is better? These are going in a Jeep wrangler, so how would they sound with the top down you figure? Does anyone have any suggestions? I an looking to spend around 250 for the rear? Which is more worth it, component or coaxial?

Jeepin is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: What does everyone think of Infinity Kappa (60.5cs)? 6.5" component, or Alpine type R

Being that I have a Wrangler I might be able to help out. Currently I have a set of 5 1/4 Infinity Reference coaxial in the sound bar. Honestly I think it sounds good. I have an old piece of crap Jensen amp right now pushing them at about 50 watts each. With the top down at 70 m.p.h. there still really clear even with the deck almost maxed, but very weak. My point is, you can have a $90 set of speakers like mine or $900 set of speakers, but without hella power your not going to hear much of them at 70 m.p.h. with the top down.

Now for the front, good luck. I have the same set of speakers in the front using a plate I purchased from www.offroadtoystore.com. Granted it sounds ten times better than it did with the top up, but you wont hear anything with the top down. Same speaker, same power, and can't hear it at all going down the road. Also, if you can figure out a good way to balance out the front and rear I a would love to know. No matter what I do it always sounds like the band is behind me playing. Having speakers on top of your head just doesn't work for staging, heh.

This may or may not of helped, but I would suggest looking into speakers that can hold quite a bit of power and an amp to match. Just my .02

Closed Thread