+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: About the Exodus Anarchy...

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

About the Exodus Anarchy...

I recently had a parasitic resonance develop in my door panel so I took it off to address the issue. The Anarchy is a pretty potent driver. One thing I've noticed lately is talk of needing a big amplifier for these to compensate for the fact that they are 8ohm drivers. It occurred to me that I should post a video of mine running off of a Sony XM-450G. For those unfamiliar, it's a four channel rated to do 50w/ch at 4ohm. Two channels for the Anarchys, two channels for my 3/4" Vifa tweets. The first video is solely the midbass drivers and their output, no subwoofer. Toward the end of the first horribly recorded video, you can hear a frequency that isn't as strong as the rest... this is where my sub comes in. The subwoofer is in use for the second horribly recorded video. I'm truly sorry for the awful quality but you will get the idea if you put on a good pair of bottom-heavy headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

audio_phill is offline Walking TSP Encyclopedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Re: About the Exodus Anarchy...

Very efficient lil drivers, they definitely dont need a ton of power to get them singing... folks just cant stand the idea that they dont need to tax their electrical system to get nice front stage lol. I'm a fan of the anarchy, 1 @ 30net per on 100rms per would convince many you had a substantially larger sub setup if one was to run them as the bottom octave supply. People cant read tsp's anymore my man... and have no idea what to expect from looking at all those numbers and abbreviations lol. According to most people the tsp's are useless and dont even matter anymore.

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Traded With: HiloDB1, ciaonzo, tristanmay, Jh8909, fritosaregood, eCrack.net

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Yeah, these things are great. Just trying to help those who are thinking that 8ohm drivers are a no-no or that they need gobs of power. I mean, when I cross these high and apply more volume knob(80Hz@18dB/oct), my ears give out before these drivers do. And that's still off that Sony. In the future I will likely build enclosures as many have done, and throw my Nakamichi amps on the new front stage. Planning on 40Hz to 400Hz coming in underneath a set of Aura wideband drivers in the pillars. For now, this temp SQ setup is what it is.

10" LMS on a US Acoustics 2300F, by the way. Feels nice.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Right on, I've got tsp's i pulled from them here somewhere. good bl:mms, low le, good q figures, good sensitivity, good x parameters etc. how you liking a single lms 10 sub stage? i just switched from dual 10" to single 12" and I'm liking the swap. <17hz without issue!

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audio_phill View Post
    Right on, I've got tsp's i pulled from them here somewhere. good bl:mms, low le, good q figures, good sensitivity, good x parameters etc. how you liking a single lms 10 sub stage? i just switched from dual 10" to single 12" and I'm liking the swap. <17hz without issue!
    I'll tell you what... this a temporary SQ setup, but an LMS sub matched to an XBL^2 midbass is about as good as it gets when it comes to pitch definition and low end extension with the lowest distortion possible, all with very respectable output. Having total control over time alignment, EQ, and crossover points/slopes via the 800PRS helps. It shakes the steering wheel and all that fun stuff but I plan to scale things up, soon.

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1957 Post(s)

According to most people the tsp's are useless and dont even matter anymore.
    Who is saying this?

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Yeah, these things are great. Just trying to help those who are thinking that 8ohm drivers are a no-no or that they need gobs of power. I mean, when I cross these high and apply more volume knob(80Hz@18dB/oct), my ears give out before these drivers do. And that's still off that Sony. In the future I will likely build enclosures as many have done, and throw my Nakamichi amps on the new front stage. Planning on 40Hz to 400Hz coming in underneath a set of Aura wideband drivers in the pillars. For now, this temp SQ setup is what it is.

10" LMS on a US Acoustics 2300F, by the way. Feels nice.
    Don't be afraid to cross these over much higher than that. Also you have a good bit more travel out of those little guys than you're using with that little amp.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Don't be afraid to cross these over much higher than that. Also you have a good bit more travel out of those little guys than you're using with that little amp.
    Indeed. Much more left in these, this is just how they're setup for now. Some days I run them without a filter and cut the sub, some days I highpass them @ 50Hz and some days @ 80Hz. Depends on how loud I want it or how real I want it to sound. The Sony works them to full stroke with ease but it leaves a little to be desired for warmth and control when pushed really hard, which is to be expected in that scenario (less than 50w). In the near future the Auras will be on a Zed Nakamichi PA-502 and the Anarchys will get a Zed Nak PA-1002. I may even get crazy and double up on the Anarchy drivers as I like to cross very low.

As far as crossing them high, I've been very pleased running them as high as 2k as long as it was a steep filter. That won't be necessary pretty soon as the Auras are more than able to cover 400Hz and up. I'd rather avoid crossing in the 1k-3K region altogether, it pays dividends when extracting all the spacial information in good recordings.

Silverado SS is offline Shake Pound and Rattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    636 Post(s)

They also offer 4ohms now

[FONT="Georgia"][CENTER]Silverado SS on 24's
    2 Fi SP4s Fully Loaded
    8 cubic foot after disp. 30Hz
    PowerBass 5000XTA and PPI 900.4
    Clarion CZ 702 for now
    4 Exodus Anarchys, looking for tweets
    Singer 275A Alternator, Big 3
    140 A/H and Shuriken BT-45

9. Likes ciaonzo liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado SS View Post
    They also offer 4ohms now
    Which is definitely a smart move. I just thought I would post some real-world evidence that low power on an 8ohm driver will still provide pretty decent results. Mainly for the guys with this mental block.

Silverado SS is offline Shake Pound and Rattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    636 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Which is definitely a smart move. I just thought I would post some real-world evidence that low power on an 8ohm driver will still provide pretty decent results. Mainly for the guys with this mental block.
    Yeah they are very efficient and 12 mm of xmax each way ain't too bad either

[FONT="Georgia"][CENTER]Silverado SS on 24's
    2 Fi SP4s Fully Loaded
    8 cubic foot after disp. 30Hz
    PowerBass 5000XTA and PPI 900.4
    Clarion CZ 702 for now
    4 Exodus Anarchys, looking for tweets
    Singer 275A Alternator, Big 3
    140 A/H and Shuriken BT-45

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Who is saying this?
    lol, been on caco much lately? Ever since SD and Skar hit the scene saying they didnt and the hordes of huggers started replicating the gesture it has turned into a misinformed epidemic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1957 Post(s)

lol, been on caco much lately? Ever since SD and Skar hit the scene saying they didnt and the hordes of huggers started replicating the gesture it has turned into a misinformed epidemic
    Haven't really looked at CACO since Ant bought it.

14. Likes Silverado SS liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Haven't really looked at CACO since Ant bought it.
    maybe 1 of 40 there even consider them relevant to the driver. Apparently you only have to throw sd parts into a frame and motor to get a winner lol. Its like audio sects worse than ever. Sundown, AB, tantric, Skar, Obsidian, or "other' lol
    Last edited by audio_phill; 10-31-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1957 Post(s)

maybe 1 of 40 there even consider them relevant to the driver. Apparently you only have to throw sd parts into a frame and basket to get a winner lol. Its like audio sects worse than ever. Sundown, AB, tantric, Skar, Obsidian, or "other' lol
    Considering what passes for sounding "good" to most folks that might as well all be true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Here's my full (pre-break in) tsp set pulled from 2 drivers they were amazingly close so I'm only listing one set to not ne redundant (changed my mind looked through them and they werent as close as I remembered, but I do remember testing one so that may be the difference seen.

(Possibly tested)
    Re = 6.2336 ohms
    Fs = 48.7109 Hz
    Zmax = 82.0397 ohms
    Qes = 0.4849
    Qms = 5.8965
    Qts = 0.4480
    Le = 0.7690 mH (at 1 kHz)
    Diam = 127.0000 mm ( 5.0000 in )
    Sd =12667.6876 mm^2( 19.6350 in^2)
    Vas = 10.4059 L ( 0.3675 ft^3)
    BL = 9.5928 N/A
    Mms = 23.3867 g
    Cms = 456.4769 uM/N
    Kms = 2190.6914 N/M
    Rms = 1.2139 R mechanical
    Efficiency = 0.2331 %
    Sensitivity= 85.6928 dB @1W/1m

New unpowered
    Re = 6.2712 ohms
    Fs = 50.6312 Hz
    Zmax = 76.0666 ohms
    Qes = 0.5143
    Qms = 5.7235
    Qts = 0.4719
    Le = 0.7864 mH (at 1 kHz)
    Diam = 127.0000 mm ( 5.0000 in )
    Sd =12667.6876 mm^2( 19.6350 in^2)
    Vas = 9.3982 L ( 0.3319 ft^3)
    BL = 9.6426 N/A
    Mms = 23.9673 g
    Cms = 412.2727 uM/N
    Kms = 2425.5791 N/M
    Rms = 1.3322 R mechanical
    Efficiency = 0.2229 %
    Sensitivity= 85.4987 dB @1W/1m

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast