Reload Thread: Sundown neo pro 8s/6.5s

WhatsAminiTruck is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sundown neo pro 8s/6.5s

Alright, I'm eventually going to have two sundown neopro 8s or 6.5s in my doors along with two SA-12s in the back.

But for the next step, I can only afford to get one pair of neopros. I'm wanting to have one 8, and one 6.5 next to each other in each door. Would that cause any problems? Or would it be beneficial in any way? as in like... idk, higher "range" of sound or something? Or should I just go with two 8s

Also, how much bass am I going to get out of these things? I'm just curious as I'm impatient for my subs

Current: 240amp Mechman Alt, Yellowtop in the back, Two SA-6.5s and two tweets in each door powered by an LA-4200, Two Sundown SA-12s in a prefab powered by an SAZ-1500.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178898-vehicle-dodge-dakota-1996/
    ^my ride

DropDownLowYota is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Sundown neo pro 8s/6.5s

Just wanted to say i have an 8 per door and they sound amazing and they do get low and the sq is brilliant haha. love listening to them everyday!

Team Sundown Hawai'i
    2008 Dodge Magnum on 22" Irocs
    DC Level 6m3 18
    SAZ-3000
    SAX-100.4
    Sundown Neo Pro 8's and 6.5's
    Rainbow Cal 25's and 20's
    JVC KW-AV50
    Rockford 3Sixty.2
    Rockford 6x9's in the grill with toggle switch lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't fit 8s in my door! Oh noooooo

Current: 240amp Mechman Alt, Yellowtop in the back, Two SA-6.5s and two tweets in each door powered by an LA-4200, Two Sundown SA-12s in a prefab powered by an SAZ-1500.

^my ride

jaeguerra909 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DropDownLowYota View Post
    Just wanted to say i have an 8 per door and they sound amazing and they do get low and the sq is brilliant haha. love listening to them everyday!
    Lol just curious how do they have sq? Love my sundown of course but they are a pa loudspeaker they really arent meant to have much sq

Hu:pioneer deh-prs80
    Eq:audiocontrol three.2
    Substage:4 sundown zv4 18s
    Front stage:6 pwx 6.5's 2 pwx 8's and 4 obaidian st1 tweeters
    Sub amp:sundown saz 5000d
    Front stage amp:sundown sax 125.4

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it depends on your opinion of SQ... I like the pro drivers because they can get so loud without becoming distorted, and sht00f.
    That's all the quality I need!

^my ride

jeffdachef is online now I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsAminiTruck View Post
    Well, it depends on your opinion of SQ... I like the pro drivers because they can get so loud without becoming distorted, and sht00f.
    That's all the quality I need!
    and you say 15 inch woofers have less SQ than 12s....

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao, get over it.

^my ride

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do a single 8 or 2 6.5's per door, either will easily keep up with your substage. As for SQ they are one of my least favorite PA mids out there...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    Do a single 8 or 2 6.5's per door, either will easily keep up with your substage. As for SQ they are one of my least favorite PA mids out there...
    What is your favorite SQ PA mid?

^my ride

bbeljefe is offline Premium Member bbeljefe is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like any speaker in a car door, they need to be in doors that are dead and they need processing in order to get the best out of them. I have 8s in my doors and will be adding two more, although I'll probably go with CT Sounds' PA 8s once they ship.

The Neo Pros, like other sundown drivers, handle more power than they're rated for, get loud and have excellent sound quality in properly deadened doors with processing.

Although it's not as critical in door speakers as subs, I wouldn't recommend different sizes in the same air space.

As for bass, they are mid bass drivers, not woofers and not subwoofers. You might be able to squeeze some bass out of them at 60Hz and low volumes but I wouldn't push them any lower on any reasonable amount of power.

Owner, Audio Anarchy, LLC
    2915 Youree Drive, Shreveport, LA
    318-780-6149

Authorized Dealer in NW Louisiana for CT Sounds & Execution Audio. We also carry other products but you really don't want that stuff... ;-)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bbeljefe View Post
    Like any speaker in a car door, they need to be in doors that are dead and they need processing in order to get the best out of them. I have 8s in my doors and will be adding two more, although I'll probably go with CT Sounds' PA 8s once they ship.

The Neo Pros, like other sundown drivers, handle more power than they're rated for, get loud and have excellent sound quality in properly deadened doors with processing.

Although it's not as critical in door speakers as subs, I wouldn't recommend different sizes in the same air space.

As for bass, they are mid bass drivers, not woofers and not subwoofers. You might be able to squeeze some bass out of them at 60Hz and low volumes but I wouldn't push them any lower on any reasonable amount of power.

I know they're not subs, but I've heard 'no bass' mids in cars that have the bass coming from the back, and it just sounds weird. It's like a horn like sound from the front, and all the bass coming from the back... I want to know if the PA mids will like, even it out a bit?

^my ride

bbeljefe is offline Premium Member bbeljefe is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsAminiTruck View Post
    I know they're not subs, but I've heard 'no bass' mids in cars that have the bass coming from the back, and it just sounds weird. It's like a horn like sound from the front, and all the bass coming from the back... I want to know if the PA mids will like, even it out a bit?
    The 8s do very well with mid bass so long as you give them some power and a dead door. And the 6.5s will do near as well I would imagine.

Owner, Audio Anarchy, LLC
    2915 Youree Drive, Shreveport, LA
    318-780-6149

Authorized Dealer in NW Louisiana for CT Sounds & Execution Audio. We also carry other products but you really don't want that stuff... ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run seleniums and have good luck with them with minimal EQ work. Sundowns seem to break up/distort on the higher midrange freqs, at least in the 3 set ups I've heard.

I run PA in my daily, wife's mini van, and my demo set up. All 3 sound quite good IMO...

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    I run seleniums and have good luck with them with minimal EQ work. Sundowns seem to break up/distort on the higher midrange freqs, at least in the 3 set ups I've heard.

I run PA in my daily, wife's mini van, and my demo set up. All 3 sound quite good IMO...
    It's because of their fairly low efficiency. For a "pro audio" driver, they really aren't that efficient so they are going to run into issues faster in the midrange when you really begin to dump some power onto them, as opposed to a speaker 3-5db more efficient. I believe it was because Jacob was trying to get a bit more 60-80hz performance out of them as opposed to the very low q pro audio drivers, which general have problems below 100hz (although they destroy anything else above that point IME)

Quote Originally Posted by sdmtnbiker420 View Post
    JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T3mpest View Post
    It's because of their fairly low efficiency. For a "pro audio" driver, they really aren't that efficient so they are going to run into issues faster in the midrange when you really begin to dump some power onto them, as opposed to a speaker 3-5db more efficient. I believe it was because Jacob was trying to get a bit more 60-80hz performance out of them as opposed to the very low q pro audio drivers, which general have problems below 100hz (although they destroy anything else above that point IME)
    Yep, same with PRV's and PWX's, they also don't get very loud without breaking up, but have a little more low end output. I've messed with most of the PA stuff out there...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast