+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Help choosing tweeter reflecting off front windshield: $5k total budget for amp+comp

PHD - USA is online now I sound better than you PHD - USA is a Supporting Member of the forum!

PHD - USA is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Re: Help choosing tweeter reflecting off front windshield: $5k total budget for amp+c

Quote Originally Posted by Jetskier View Post
    As I mentioned above, I'm going to need my installer to be familiar with "their" product, and I have not run into any shop who "carries" PHD. But much obliged for taking the time to post.
    Mylows is the PHD dealer for california. He should be ale to help you out on auditioning the product and possibly installation

PHD Audiophile Systems Dealer

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Re: Help choosing tweeter reflecting off front windshield: $5k total budget for amp+c

@mylows10 ; knows cali and can help you with install and equipment

mylows10 is online now Cali DC PHD & Tantric rep

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)

I also carry Dyn audio if that's your preferance but be prepared to drop mire than you think Closer to $2300 for the escotar set These are prolly one of the best sound reproduction components on the market and if set up right it will be like having a concert in your car. The phd components are very nice as well. But I don't have the high end set that you might be looking for Send me a pm and I can give you some prices on these sets as well as some cdt Es golds. Dls or a set of the hertz Mille

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

rome58 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What kind a vehicle are you getting an install in? Most likely you could eliminate rear fill to cut down on cost especially with that high of quality front setup, and you running a sub rear fill in a car is really not necessary IMO.

calebkhill is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

How about, going to a competition and demoing some sq cars....
    Like the sound, ask what they are running

"When I listen to a stereo loudspeaker playback in my room and an auditory scene has formed in my mind, how would I know that what I hear is an accurate replica of an auditory scene that could be had at the recording venue? Or more generally, that this is an auditory scene that could have existed at all?"

Jetskier is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rome58 View Post
    What kind a vehicle are you getting an install in? Most likely you could eliminate rear fill to cut down on cost especially with that high of quality front setup, and you running a sub rear fill in a car is really not necessary IMO.
    infinity Qx56 is the SUV. I understand what you mean about reducing cost by eliminating rear fill, but this is an SUV. I think it needs to be there. Im not going "expensive on rear fill any way...$1000 at most. However, I'm not sure what you mean by saying a "sub rear fill in a car is really not necessary? Where would the SUB go? Perhaps you were assuming this was going in a car, and not an SUV?

Jetskier is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calebkhill View Post
    How about, going to a competition and demoing some sq cars....
    Like the sound, ask what they are running
    Yes, I think that is a great idea. Forgive me for my ignorance, but how often do they have these competitions and how do you find out about them. I would love to check these out.

hispls is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Why not take 500$ of that budget and go to a big SQ event/competition somewhere and get a look/listen to see what people are doing. It's really a small investment given your budget to really see what works and what does not and get some ideas of what sort of equipment can be made to sound good.

Also if I were throwing that kind of dough at a SQ install I would NOT be without the Pioneer dex-p99rs for head unit. it is an incredibly powerful tool to give you all the processing you'll ever want.

There's dozens of good quality components and IMO proper location, deadening treatment, and testing and tuning with some good processing will get you what you want with brand being a secondary concern. I'm not a huge JL fan, but their stuff is solid (if overpriced) and you might as well get their multichannel amp to match cosmetically with the one you already have.

calebkhill is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Why would he need 500$ to go to a competition? Dspectating is free.

Look in the events category here, and over at diyma
    Also at MobileAudioForum

"When I listen to a stereo loudspeaker playback in my room and an auditory scene has formed in my mind, how would I know that what I hear is an accurate replica of an auditory scene that could be had at the recording venue? Or more generally, that this is an auditory scene that could have existed at all?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2