Closed Thread

Reload Thread: much better speakers for jensen head unit ???

Oscarilbo is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

much better speakers for jensen head unit ???

Hi everyone, this is my first post...

I just bought a new Nissan March (here in Mexico), which is a small car similar to Nissan Micra.
    The car came directly from fabric with a Jensen audio system, which I know is mediocre, and I want much better speakers.

The thing is, I have a pretty awesome controls with the wheel, volume, skipping tracks, and much more, and I don't wanna mess with that. So I want to change the jensen speakers only with quality and much better speakers to somehow compensate the lack of a better head unit.

Of course not only the main speakers but twitters and a quality sobwoofer as well.

my budget is around $400.00 so that would be my limit of course hehe...

PS: if all its available in amazon, much better for me.

thank you so much in advance guys.

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: much better speakers for jensen head unit ???

My suggestion is to keep the head unit, but upgrade the speakers and also add an amplifier. Having lots of clean power is the key to having good sounding system. The lack of proper power source is something the speakers will not fully correct on their own.

jeffdachef is online now I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

with that budget, i'd keep everything stock and add a 4 or 5 channel amp and a sub. You'd be surprised by what some extra power might do for your current speakers.

You'll also want to get deadener and treat your doors, the links down below shows you door treatment and making a good seal. This will ensure that whatever speakers you put in will sound its best.

*Cheap Fix* Improve Mid Bass and SQ in your car! - YouTube - You'll be amazed how much midrange and bass you get from doing this.

Dude, Make My Speakers Louder! - YouTube

Remember, even if you put expensive top of the line speakers into an untreated door with huge gaps with head unit power, it'll sound like poop.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

jeffdachef is online now I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What kind of sound are you looking for? clarity? or loudness?

also, do you want a sub for sound quality or to be loud?

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

Closed Thread