Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Diamond Audio HEX vs. M6

fossil99ca is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Diamond Audio HEX vs. M6

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the Diamond Audio M6 and HEX series speakers is? The only difference is the cone material as far as I can see. Has anyone listened to each one and could tell me the difference? Does the HEX series sound better/louder/more base, etc.?

CAMSHAFT is offline Audionutz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Diamond Audio HEX vs. M6

I havent listened to M6 but I have listened to HEX Components. The HEX were on an amp and they sounded great at different volumes and with any type of music that I put on them! I have listened to alot of different component sets and I have not heard anything that is noticeably better that these "Diamonds". Now I have heard some that are really close CDT's but I (an Intermediate Audiophile) could not tell which were better!! I hope this helped!

Team Audionutz/Arc Audio/Select Products/Xstatic/IXOS

Berry47 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fossil99ca
    Can anyone tell me what the difference between the Diamond Audio M6 and HEX series speakers is? The only difference is the cone material as far as I can see. Has anyone listened to each one and could tell me the difference? Does the HEX series sound better/louder/more base, etc.?
    I have heard both and will tell you the hex's sound much better.

Cone material makes a huge impact beacause the cone is lighter and more rigid. This gives them more ability for mid bass reproduction and heat displacement, this leads to better sound.

THe crossovers are very different. The hex comp set uses higher grade parts.

Mine: CDT, Eclipse, Diamond Audio, Dayton, Aura

Wifey: Infinity, Concept, Pioneer, Profile, JBL

Refs: Ruckus, MSSOKC

DJ FURY is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ill have to agree with barry on this one as the hex comps win out hands down.if ur even thinking about the hexes then u should just get them.Nice sound to them....

limitkid7 is offline sell wite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HEX is their top line.. m6 isn't

---
    White Dodge Charger 3.5L V6
    Diablo Predator

Alpine d310 TV
    Set of Focal Polyglass 6.5 Comps
    Set of Infinity Perfect 6.5 Comps
    1 JL Audio 300.4
    1 JL Audio 1000.1
    2 9510 mtx subs

cjj2d is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a set of Hex components and am very impressed with them after I have done some tweaking around with my amp and eq etc. They are very accurate in both mid range and highes. They reproduce each instrument with great detail and crisp/cleanness. I have 150 watts running each side up front and they take every bit of it with ease. Even at loud volumes they still stay extremly accurate and clean. I would def recomend getting the 6.5 size for the extra bit of mid bass. I have the 5.25 and that is the only thing, the 6.5 has a little stronger mid bass. Other than that The Hex components are fantastic. I will go on a limb and say that I like them better than my MB Quart Q series (I have the old 98/99 model, not the newer versions).

06 Acura TL, HU: Factory, Processor: RF 3sixty.2, Tweeters: Seas Neo Aluminum, Mids: Seas W16nx, Amp: JL HD900/5, Subs: Soon to be SI BM MKIVs when available.

WTB: SI BM MKIIIs!!!!

urwhatueati8god is offline He tasted like chicken.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fossil99ca
    Hex's have much better midbass and are available in silk tweeters. On the website, they say that the M6's are now available in silk too, but I've been to multiple dealers and they said they haven't heard anything about that. The HEX's are absolutely **** though.

CereaLand is offline KiLL504

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Never listened to the Hex yet, but I have listened to the M6. Very Clean and loud. Not too harsh like the Infinity Perfects. I expect the Hex to be much better than the M6. I would get the M6's if you can't afford the Hexs.

fossil99ca is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your opinions. I am located in Canada and the one distributor here no longer carries them. DA is now looking for another outlet according to their rep. I will have to buy them on reputation alone, off line no doubt and I cant listen to them before hand. One more question. What's recommended the silk or titanium tweeter???? I know it comes down to personal taste but I need some recommendations. Silk might be smoother but the titanium might have more range. Anyone heard the difference from DA??

slick316 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i chose the silk because i thought the aluminums were too harsh, but thats just me. it really is personal preference, but honestly, the alum tweets from diamond can get rather harsh.

2005 Honda Accord EX Sedan
    JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio ZR650-CSi, JL Audio 12W3v3 in custom stealthbox like enclosure in trunk, JL Audio A6450, Audiocontrol DQXS w/DDC

Home:
    Sony 32" XBR BRAVIA LCD, Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player, B&W 704 Floorstanders, Rotel RC-1070 Pre amp, Rotel RB-1070 amplifier (130x2), Rotel RCC-1055 5 Disc Changer, HTPC as music server and PVR, and XBOX 360.

cjj2d is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would agree on that the Alum tweets being harsh, I have them. and unless you have a real nice EQ then it is hard to adjust them to where they are not. I am getting my eq put back in my car soon and will be just fine once I do. They can handle some power I tell you.

06 Acura TL, HU: Factory, Processor: RF 3sixty.2, Tweeters: Seas Neo Aluminum, Mids: Seas W16nx, Amp: JL HD900/5, Subs: Soon to be SI BM MKIVs when available.

WTB: SI BM MKIIIs!!!!

urwhatueati8god is offline He tasted like chicken.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The silk still go up to 22 KHz

Berry47 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd get silk. The usable frequencies our ears can hear will be reached by the silks and they will sound less harsh.

Mine: CDT, Eclipse, Diamond Audio, Dayton, Aura

Wifey: Infinity, Concept, Pioneer, Profile, JBL

Refs: Ruckus, MSSOKC

Closed Thread