Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Setup for Toyota Corolla 2012

emanueljesuss_ is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Setup for Toyota Corolla 2012

Hey guys, I wanted to replace my toyota corolla speakers, I've read a little about it. Front doors are 6x5 and rear doors 6x9. Searching and reading some reviews I decided to get components. I don't know if I'll need a bass. My head unit is an AVH8400BT. I have 500$ for this... I'm not expecting my car to be in a competition I just want it to sound loud and clear. Another problem is that I don't know what amp I will need to power up the babies I'll be hooking up my doors.

So far I've looked up on Amazon and I don't know if this speakers are good.

Polk Audio DB6501 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component System (Pair, silver)

JBL P963 6x9" Three-Way Power Series Speakers

JBL P662 6-1/2" Two-Way Power Series Speakers

Sorry about no links, forum wouldn't let me.

jeffdachef is online now I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: Setup for Toyota Corolla 2012

Precision Power PPI P900.5 (p9005) 5-Channel Phantom Car Amplifier would be your go to amp keeps gains really low and your stock speakers will surprise you. You should sound deaden and seal your doors or else its not really worth it to get new speakers because mid range and mid bass will be lacking even when amped. If you still want to upgrade, your front speakers are more important than your rear since its right next to you. you might want to add a small 8 or 10 inch sub also for a fuller sound. Just grab one of those 60$ kickers from amazon and a sealed box with an amplifier wiring kit, and an extra pair of 17 foot RCAs for sub input and you should be set.

40 Sq ft Audio Technix 80 Mil Sound Deadener Heat Shield Square Feet | eBay this does wonders to your clarity and midbass response.

How do I get bass out of my door speakers? here's a guide to deaden your doors.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

jeffdachef is online now I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: Setup for Toyota Corolla 2012

should be well under your budget, save that extra money to get a decent pair of components. Those polks are on the brighter side of the sound spectrum if you like the sssss sound in your trebles.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

Closed Thread