Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Kicker vs. others?

daboyfrumdabx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kicker vs. others?

Hey guys,

Decided to get a little too happy with the volume knob the other night and smoked my mids. Now in the market for a new set of comps. I have an accommodation through kicker which has some pretty pricing. Had my eye on a set of these:
    Kicker QS65.2 (09QS65.2) 6.5" QS-Series Component Car Speakers

Not for that price of course. I'm familiar with most of the comp sets that get recommended on here for the $200-$250 range. I can get the ones I linked for under $200. Just want to make sure I wouldn't be making a mistake grabbing those in comparison to others in the price range.

Thanks for any input.

*Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin
    Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: Kicker vs. others?

JBL MS-62C. Don't get the Kickers.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Kicker QS set is actually pretty nice.

If you can get them for under $200, I almost want to say go for it. I have actually heard them and they surely surprised me. I wouldn't have a problem dropping 200 on them.

However, the JBL MS62c set mentioned up there has been getting amazing reviews as THE set to buy for around $200 mark. I have yet to hear them so I cannot speak from experience but I highly doubt that you can go wrong by purchasing them.

Remember, though, that those QS comps are in an entirely different price bracket than the JBLs, even when shopping around. So, think about what you're paying for each set and decide which one is the best for your money. If you can, see if you can listen to each set.

daboyfrumdabx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies guys. It's much appreciated. I'll see if I can find any dealers nearby where I may be able to audition those.

*Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin
    Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

Closed Thread