Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Trying to decide which way to go...

Hjames710 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trying to decide which way to go...

So, I have a little bit of a special situation. I'm redoing every aspect of the system in my 1998 Range Rover, new amps, speakers, head unit, wiring, everything. And I pretty much decided on my amps and subs, Diamond D6 700.4 and 1200.1, and hopefully a Diamond D9 15" D2 in the Diamond spec vented enclosure.

Now where it gets tricky. My car came with a Harman Kardon premium system, which has separate tweeters, 3.5-4.5 inch mids, and 6.5 woofers in the front doors, and mids and woofers in the rear doors (no tweeters)

(See this link for example http://www.lyonssystemsserver.com/br...-521-PTIMG.jpg)

And I have no idea what to do with it. I'm leaning towards doing two sets of coaxials in each door. I was thinking the Focal Integration IC 100, and the Focal 165CA1, I'm fine with not having components (I find the tweeter placement now obnoxious and don't want to do severe modification). If I did these two in each door, I'd wire them in a parallel so they're down to 2 ohms, and run them all off the D6 700.4.

I guess what I'm asking is what would you do? Throw some ideas at me, including different brands etc. If there's a better amp for running these, I'd be totally open to that too, nothings been purchased yet.

I was also considering some Morel Tempo Coax 4 or 6 speakers, but those would be the only ones I did and would be getting 115 watts RMS from that amp.

Hjames710 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Trying to decide which way to go...

After reading some reviews of the Morel Tempo 6, I think I'm gonna go for 'em.

I've heard Morel is in a completely different bracket than Diamond. We'll see I guess.

Closed Thread