Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Which tweets?

Lowflyin is offline Sit on my face, B*tch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Which tweets?

I am getting a zapco ref360.4 and 6.5s from the focal ps165 set and need tweets. I was looking at the rainbow cal 20 or 25s and wondering others opinions on what to get. This will be ran active with an alpine 9887..

Sold To: Epic0318, Alpine-Accord Bought From: JL Audio, SPLAudio, JS UltimateSounds, ShoelessJake

This guys a winner...
    Quote Originally Posted by darron016 View Post
    I want to trade my amp but it is currently mounted to my trunk, how do I go about posting a picture with the date etc with it mounted? I can barely get to it

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Which tweets?

Take a look at Dayton Audio ND28F from PE

Dayton Audio ND28F-6 1-1/8" Neodymium Dome Tweeter 275-040

John Krutke's Zaph|Audio has a good review for it. He mentions a few others usable in a car such as Vifa XT25SC50 or Seas neos (from madisound).

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Seas neo are second on my list.. And I can't remember if its seas or vifa radiator tweets also..

Sold To: Epic0318, Alpine-Accord Bought From: JL Audio, SPLAudio, JS UltimateSounds, ShoelessJake

This guys a winner...
    I want to trade my amp but it is currently mounted to my trunk, how do I go about posting a picture with the date etc with it mounted? I can barely get to it

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I think you mean the Vifa XT25 ring radiator tweeters. The most famous version is the bigger Vifa XT25, but they're harder to fit in stock locations. John Krutke describes them as "Smoothest and most extended response curve in the group, and resulting CSD is excellent." These are the tweeters that Alpine SPX-PRO tweeters are based on, and they also have a good reputation. The XT25SC50 is a smaller version of XT25. Decent, but not as good as the XT25. Another good tweeter is Dayton Reference. They can be high passed as low as something like 1800Hz in home audio speakers and be able to keep up with dual Dayton RS midbasses each in MTM speaker setups. Unfortunately, again, they're kind of big for stock locations in a car. Image Dynamics XS28 tweeters are also supposed to be pretty good, and they come with own passive crossover.

RicksI30 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I run these right now, and they are one of the nicest sounding tweeters that I've heard. Vifa NE25VTS-04 1" Silk Dome Tweeter 264-1034

Head unit: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X996
    Front stage: Alpine Type X PRO mids Vifa Neo 1" silk tweeters
    Front stage amp: PPI Bk800.4
    Subs: SSA XCON 12's in 4.5 cubes tuned to 34hz
    Sub amp: PPI Bk1300.1
    Sound Deadening: Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Spectrum, and Sludge

Team SSA

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    I think you mean the Vifa XT25 ring radiator tweeters. The most famous version is the bigger Vifa XT25, but they're harder to fit in stock locations. John Krutke describes them as "Smoothest and most extended response curve in the group, and resulting CSD is excellent." These are the tweeters that Alpine SPX-PRO tweeters are based on, and they also have a good reputation. The XT25SC50 is a smaller version of XT25. Decent, but not as good as the XT25. Another good tweeter is Dayton Reference. They can be high passed as low as something like 1800Hz in home audio speakers and be able to keep up with dual Dayton RS midbasses each in MTM speaker setups. Unfortunately, again, they're kind of big for stock locations in a car. Image Dynamics XS28 tweeters are also supposed to be pretty good, and they come with own passive crossover.
    Yea it was the Vifa Xt25 radiators..

I'm not exactly sure where I am mounting yet because stock location is in the dash facing towards the windshield.. I will need to test diff locations to see what I like the best...

I think I may grab a pair of the smaller Vifa xt25s and these Vifa NE25VTS-04 1" Silk Dome Tweeter 264-1034

The bigger ones are too deep for me (that's what she said) unless they went in the stock dash location but I feel like im not going to get the results I want there..

This guys a winner...

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

small format xt25's sound VERY good, but need to be on-axis or output drops off like crazy. Reflecting off the windshield might be ok, never tried them that way.

Large format version would let you cross them lower, but depending upon your mids that might not be an issue.

I have a set of the Alpine PRO17 tweeters I'm not using if you're interesed. Small format ring radiator said to be made my scanspeak. They were all the rage on diyma a few years ago.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    small format xt25's sound VERY good, but need to be on-axis or output drops off like crazy. Reflecting off the windshield might be ok, never tried them that way.

Large format version would let you cross them lower, but depending upon your mids that might not be an issue.

I have a set of the Alpine PRO17 tweeters I'm not using if you're interesed. Small format ring radiator said to be made my scanspeak. They were all the rage on diyma a few years ago.
    Do they like on axis also?

This guys a winner...

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RicksI30 View Post
    I run these right now, and they are one of the nicest sounding tweeters that I've heard. Vifa NE25VTS-04 1" Silk Dome Tweeter 264-1034
    I have a pair of these I just got sitting in my office waiting for my new build. I'm excited to try them, I have seen what you wrote in other places as well.

OP, I was just searching for tweets not long ago, and ended up with the above. Where are you crossing? That's probably the biggest factor when choosing tweeters, surprised no one has asked that yet. Or maybe I just missed it? Either way, the Vifa ring tweeters (XT25), the Vifa NE25's, or the Dayton RS28F are all hard to beat from what I have seen. And actually, all those can be crossed pretty low, so you shouldn't have to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

RoYALbLUE08 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

subbed

Front stage- HAT Imagine i61-2 for midrange and Rainbow Cal 25 Silk Tweeters for highs
    Rear Stage- Factory Premium Speakers
    HU- Pioneer AVH-x8500
    Sub stage- 12" SSA XCON D2
    Sub amp- Crescendo BC2000
    Mid/High amp- Crescendo Concerto C1100.4
    Electrical- big 3, Optima Yellowtop
    NVX Sound deadener and Sealed doors
    Acoustic Sound Foam behind Front Mids

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lowflyin View Post
    Do they like on axis also?
    Yes being a ring radiator tweet they need to be as close to on axis as possible. I had them glassed in the sail panels: pass side firing toward driver's seat, driver's side firing towards pass seat. They worked very well that way....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It's 6.5s from the focal ps165 set. I'm getting them off West.

I may be better off for now with something that does well off axis.. Unless any of those above will easily fit into pods..

This guys a winner...

pickup1 is offline Audiosystem,Dynaudio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I may have some morel mt 22s for sale if you want...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pickup1 View Post
    I may have some morel mt 22s for sale if you want...
    Only have a zapco ref 360.4 for power.. Not sure how well theyd do.

On second thought. Pm me some pics and a price.

This guys a winner...

pickup1 is offline Audiosystem,Dynaudio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Closed Thread