Ok, I’ve been doing a lot of research, but yet I still can’t make up my mine. Perhaps you experts and sound gurus can give me some pointers.
I’m planning on powering the components with my Kenwood head unit. Below are the specs:
• high-pass crossovers for front and rear outs (12 dB/octave, selectable 40/60/80/100/120/150/180/220 Hz)
• low-pass crossover (12 dB/octave, selectable 50/80/120 Hz)
• 22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
• CD frequency response 10-20,000 Hz
• CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
• FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
Alpine Type-R Specs:
• Crossover Attenuation Level : 0db, -3dB, -6dB
• Crossover Size (in) : 2-9/16" x 4-3/4" x 1-3/8" (WxHxD)
• Crossover Size (mm) : 65mm x 120mm x 35mm (WxHxD)
• Frequency Response : 40Hz - 30kHz
• Impedance (Nominal) : 4 ohm
• Sensitivity : 86 dB/W/m
• Tweeter Mounting Depth with Flush Kit (in) : 5/8"
• Tweeter Mounting Depth with Flush Kit (mm) : 15.4mm
• Tweeter Mounting Diameter with Flush Kit (in) : 2-1/4"
• Tweeter Mounting Diameter with Flush Kit (mm) : 56mm
• Woofer Mounting Depth (in) : 2-3/4"
• Woofer Mounting Depth (mm) : 70mm
• Woofer Mounting Diameter (in) : 5-3/4"
• Woofer Mounting Diameter (mm) : 145mm
• Power Handling Capacity (Peak) : 200W
• Power Handling Capacity (RMS) : 50W
Infinity Reference 6000CS Specs:
Power Handling, RMS: 90 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 270 Watts
Frequency Response (±3dB): 53Hz - 21kHz
Mounting Depth: 2-1/16" Mid/Woofer, 1/1/4" Tweeter
Impedance: 4 Ohms
I listen to all kinds of music, rock, rap, pop, classic, dance, and etc, so I’m looking for the best overall/complete system our of the 2 above. And I DON’T have a sub!
(1)Which components will sound the best (a best match) for my Kenwood head unit?
(2)If I was to get an amplifier for the components, which (2 Channel) Amp would be the best bang for the buck ($100-$120)
(3) Are there better sounding components out there in the $150-$200 range that would match the Kenwood head unit?
That’s all, thanks in advance.