Closed Thread

Reload Thread: polk momo mid driver upgrade [raw drivers]

spec is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

polk momo mid driver upgrade [raw drivers]

i`m currently running polk momo mids in my doors and would like to find a good upgrade[raw mid range drivers only] for under$200.00 ish. i`ve always been a fan of the oldschool polks from the 80`s, but these just don t compair. any advice is greatly appreciated. the momo are to bright and in your face for me.something with good vocals is a plus.
    i`ve heard great things about the jbl ms line and might get the component set just for the mids.
    of course i wish i had the funds for some hat lagatia s but thats not happening anytime soon.
    i`m currently using hat pro tweeters .they sound amazing but the momo s are killin me.

spec is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: polk momo mid driver upgrade [raw drivers]

i m currently considering these:1.jbl ms52c 2.cdt es5 3.mb quart psc213[german version] 4. orion millennium 5 [nt5]aka hcca5 6. aura mr 52[would remove the tweeter] 7.phd audiophile fb5.1 8. phd 5.1 af[a lilttle over 200.00] 9.phenox gold zpm130 nib only 75.00!!
    watching all of these on ebay .they are all under 200.00 except the phd 5.1 af @225.00
    both phd models would be shipped from overseas which concerns me a little ie shipping time and the unknown of customs rough handling etc.
    any input about any of these or other drivers is greatly appreciated.

Closed Thread