Closed Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Reload Thread: Need Opinion on rear fill: JL C3 or Cadence cvl 5k

  1. #1
    momax_powers's Avatar
    momax_powers is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    440
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)

    Need Opinion on rear fill: JL C3 or Cadence cvl 5k

    Im trying to decide what to do for rear fill and dont say "just run a front stage only"lol. Currently I have a set of JL c3 525 components that I was planning on using but I am intrigued by these cadence cvl-5k ive seen on ebay
    2 CADENCE 5.25" MIDRANGE SUBWOOFERS LOUD CLEAN NEW | eBay

    I believe the best route would be to just use mids in the rear for lower range midbass to compliment the sub bass and i dont feel i need or will like tweeters in the back so these are the options im looking at:

    1) sell the C3's and use half the proceeds for the cadence cvl's
    2) keep the c3's and just use the woofers and sell/shelf the tweeters n x-overs
    3) just use the c3's in coax mode and see what happens

    The cvl's with their 3" voice coil would pack a punch

    power would come from either an xd600/6 or hd600/4 (depending on which one i decide to sell and which speakers i go with)
    will be going in an E39 540i







  2. #2
    TaylorFade's Avatar
    TaylorFade is offline I fail.



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    2,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

    Re: Need Opinion on rear fill: JL C3 or Cadence cvl 5k

    Leave the JL's up front. Put the Cadence in the rear and cross them looooow. Like 50-150hz only. You're just looking for impact to compliment your sub bass and to ease the midbass responsibility of the JL's. IMO, if you cross them any higher than maybe 200, you're not going to like it. But it's your ears and if you have the processing, you could probably get away with it.



    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

  3. #3
    Timmy13091's Avatar
    Timmy13091 is offline Team DC



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,929
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1223 Post(s)

    Re: Need Opinion on rear fill: JL C3 or Cadence cvl 5k

    Quote Originally Posted by momax_powers View Post
    Im trying to decide what to do for rear fill and dont say "just run a front stage only"lol. Currently I have a set of JL c3 525 components that I was planning on using but I am intrigued by these cadence cvl-5k ive seen on ebay
    2 CADENCE 5.25" MIDRANGE SUBWOOFERS LOUD CLEAN NEW | eBay

    I believe the best route would be to just use mids in the rear for lower range midbass to compliment the sub bass and i dont feel i need or will like tweeters in the back so these are the options im looking at:

    1) sell the C3's and use half the proceeds for the cadence cvl's
    2) keep the c3's and just use the woofers and sell/shelf the tweeters n x-overs
    3) just use the c3's in coax mode and see what happens

    The cvl's with their 3" voice coil would pack a punch

    power would come from either an xd600/6 or hd600/4 (depending on which one i decide to sell and which speakers i go with)
    will be going in an E39 540i
    Run the Jls ... Pm price on tweets lol




  4. #4
    momax_powers's Avatar
    momax_powers is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    440
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)

    Re: Need Opinion on rear fill: JL C3 or Cadence cvl 5k

    haha maybe...time will tell




  5. #5
    pickup1's Avatar
    pickup1 is offline Audiosystem,Dynaudio...



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Roanoke,TX
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,760
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    672 Post(s)

    Re: Need Opinion on rear fill: JL C3 or Cadence cvl 5k

    i would do #3 ...you could always just disconnect the tweeters..




  6. #6
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1555 Post(s)

    Re: Need Opinion on rear fill: JL C3 or Cadence cvl 5k

    If what you're wanting in the rear is just midbass, then just use the C3s you already have.

    Personally, I prefer a full range rear setup; so, in your case, I would more than likely run the full C3 set in the rear and just toy with some tweeter aiming and attenuation to get the sound I like. JL comps tend to be very laid back so I wouldn't be too worried about the rear tweeter taking over.

    What comps are you running up front? Any way you could match them?




  7. #7
    momax_powers's Avatar
    momax_powers is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    440
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)

    Re: Need Opinion on rear fill: JL C3 or Cadence cvl 5k

    Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    If what you're wanting in the rear is just midbass, then just use the C3s you already have.

    Personally, I prefer a full range rear setup; so, in your case, I would more than likely run the full C3 set in the rear and just toy with some tweeter aiming and attenuation to get the sound I like. JL comps tend to be very laid back so I wouldn't be too worried about the rear tweeter taking over.

    What comps are you running up front? Any way you could match them?

    I'm running c5-525 components up front




  8. #8
    momax_powers's Avatar
    momax_powers is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    440
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)

    Re: Need Opinion on rear fill: JL C3 or Cadence cvl 5k

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    Leave the JL's up front. Put the Cadence in the rear and cross them looooow. Like 50-150hz only. You're just looking for impact to compliment your sub bass and to ease the midbass responsibility of the JL's. IMO, if you cross them any higher than maybe 200, you're not going to like it. But it's your ears and if you have the processing, you could probably get away with it.
    this is exactly what i was debating doing other than using the c3 in front because i have C5's going there...ill have to check what kind of filtering my HU has in order to bandpass the rear fill. I dont want to use external crossovers or bass blockers.

    although when my car was stock and had all 10 speakers it did sound pretty good apart from the lack of sub bass
    stock layout
    L+R .5" tweeter in A-pillars
    L+R 2" mids in front door between door handle and window
    L+R 5.25" woofer in front door at knee level
    L+R 1" tweeter in REAR door upper front corner of door
    L+R 5.25" woofer in rear deck




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Need opinion on 6x9 rears and amp
    By kevin25 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 12:21 PM
  2. Need advice on rear fill
    By TheTick in forum Speakers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 06:22 PM
  3. Need help on buying subwoofers JL or ??...
    By Truelife911 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 12:54 AM
  4. need opinion on amp
    By sk8board4life86 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2002, 04:14 PM
  5. need opinions on box
    By kingpin_jeffie in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2002, 01:48 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum