Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Has anyone used peerless sls 8" or exodus anarchy what speakers would you reccommend

imfromstlouis is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone used peerless sls 8" or exodus anarchy what speakers would you reccommend

Hey im looking to buy a pair of peerless sls 8" to put hidden in the quater panels . Has anyone heard them before and what are your thoughts on them. I was also thinking of puting the exodus anarchy in the rear doors i am not sure sure what tweeters or mids to get for the front doors. I will be using a Jl audio 300/4 or does anyone reccomend a different amp. I dont think it will be enough power to run all this with. I have not bought anything yet except the Jl audio becuase it is out of my old system any suggestions would be appreciated. Also im not trying to spend a **** ton of money. I have installed systems usually i just buy a componet speakers and use subwoofers but i want a better sound now not just boom boom. I daf infinite kappas and type rs for door speakers i didnt like either of them they didnt get very loud or crisp with my jl maybe it was just the amp not sure. so what speaker do you guys reccoomend and amp.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Has anyone used peerless sls 8" or exodus anarchy what speakers would you reccomm

o vehicle is 2005 equinox

hispls is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Re: Has anyone used peerless sls 8" or exodus anarchy what speakers would you reccomm

The Exodus Anarchy is not fit to cross over up into a standard tweeter. You would need to get creative and/or do 3 way front stage to pull that off. I use the last gen Exodus midrange and I really like it, but I must say mounting depth is a challenge (I can immagine the same or more-so for the new one). Also have Peerless mids in my doors now, I'm happy with them.

At the end of the day just throwing components into your doors is not going to give you the improvement you're looking for. Some work treating the doors, putting things in A pilars or kickpanels, or otherwise some creative placement of drivers is what you're after.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry for the messed up spelling i didnt proof read.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yea i was looking into doing a 3 way front stage. I also have sound deading material to seal the door up i dont really want to use kick panel though. So what would you go with for the front and rear doors and what amp?

okiedokie is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a pair of anarchy's that I use to play with.
    Yes they best I've heard in a 3 way or in my case F.A.S.T. Setup.
    They sound like subs in your doors.
    They will pound the **** out of them.
    I'm a SQL type of guy, so I didn't use a sub, at that time

7. Likes imfromstlouis liked this post
    TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    The Exodus Anarchy is not fit to cross over up into a standard tweeter. You would need to get creative and/or do 3 way front stage to pull that off. I use the last gen Exodus midrange and I really like it, but I must say mounting depth is a challenge (I can immagine the same or more-so for the new one). Also have Peerless mids in my doors now, I'm happy with them.

At the end of the day just throwing components into your doors is not going to give you the improvement you're looking for. Some work treating the doors, putting things in A pilars or kickpanels, or otherwise some creative placement of drivers is what you're after.
    The bolded was recently disspelled. With prejudice. The Exodus beat out a lot of forum boners in a very recent midwoofer shootout. It placed in "Tier 2" alongside the much ballyhooed Hybrid L6SE.

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

hispls is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    The bolded was recently disspelled. With prejudice. The Exodus beat out a lot of forum boners in a very recent midwoofer shootout. It placed in "Tier 2" alongside the much ballyhooed Hybrid L6SE.
    Really? That's an impressive driver than considering how capable it is for low frequencies!

neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Really? That's an impressive driver than considering how capable it is for low frequencies!
    It's the DIYMA shootout. I saw the same thing and, since I don't have the dime for the PHASS midbass, the Exodus would be great for the value. I do know they need to be in sealed enclosures to really shine, so OP if you can, see what you can do with that.

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

No doubt. Anarchy + Vifa xt25? Be a sweet DIY budget 2 way. Or the Silver Flutes to save some coin. I wish they'd have thrown those in there. I'm gonna PM bikinpunk and tell him to Klippel them things.

I keep thinking I might to do a full blown DIY budget SQ setup in the CRX and see how good I can get it for like... $300-400 total.

TaylorFail
    Taylorfail, v.2
    tailorFail v.3
    TaylorFail v.4
    TaylorWin v.1?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    No doubt. Anarchy + Vifa xt25? Be a sweet DIY budget 2 way. Or the Silver Flutes to save some coin. I wish they'd have thrown those in there. I'm gonna PM bikinpunk and tell him to Klippel them things.

I keep thinking I might to do a full blown DIY budget SQ setup in the CRX and see how good I can get it for like... $300-400 total.
    Funny you mentioned the Vifa/Exodus combo, because that's EXACTLY what I was thinking of doing in the Tahoe build in a couple years. Think I just confirmed it now. Anarchys and VT25s on axis in dash pods...

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Funny you mentioned the Vifa/Exodus combo, because that's EXACTLY what I was thinking of doing in the Tahoe build in a couple years. Think I just confirmed it now. Anarchys and VT25s on axis in dash pods...
    Don't latch on to that sealed pod idea too tightly, I mean unless you plan on hammering them with EQ and power. They handle power nicely, don't get me wrong, but they don't have huge coils by any means, why risk nearing thermal or running into compression? I use mine free air and they are stunners down into the 30's. As far as top end, you guys will shit when I tell you I run them wide open with a simple 6db slope (true acoustical pole) on my HF drivers. After T/A, EQ, and all that jazz, the raggedness on the top end is not apparent at all and the biggest gain is the overall coherency. The KISS principal at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Don't latch on to that sealed pod idea too tightly, I mean unless you plan on hammering them with EQ and power. They handle power nicely, don't get me wrong, but they don't have huge coils by any means, why risk nearing thermal or running into compression? I use mine free air and they are stunners down into the 30's. As far as top end, you guys will shit when I tell you I run them wide open with a simple 6db slope (true acoustical pole) on my HF drivers. After T/A, EQ, and all that jazz, the raggedness on the top end is not apparent at all and the biggest gain is the overall coherency. The KISS principal at it's finest.
    I tell people all the time that they should try this. I run my midwoofers wide open too.

Maybe it's psychoacoustical, but I hate having a crossover right in the middle of the vocal spectrum.

TaylorFail
    Taylorfail, v.2
    tailorFail v.3
    TaylorFail v.4
    TaylorWin v.1?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Hmm a bit relieved to know that then. I was thinking both drivers on the dash for staging and imaging. So are you saying stock locations for the 6.5s would be more than sufficient (as long as doors are well-deadened)?

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Hmm a bit relieved to know that then. I was thinking both drivers on the dash for staging and imaging. So are you saying stock locations for the 6.5s would be more than sufficient (as long as doors are well-deadened)?
    Good lawd. You were gonna put Anarchys on the dash?

TaylorFail
    Taylorfail, v.2
    tailorFail v.3
    TaylorFail v.4
    TaylorWin v.1?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast