Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: Has anyone used peerless sls 8" or exodus anarchy what speakers would you reccommend

TaylorFade is offline I fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)

Re: Has anyone used peerless sls 8" or exodus anarchy what speakers would you reccomm

Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Dang, Taylor, way to sell me down the river. I'm not saying I won't use TA. That's the whole reason the Tahoe build is going to be centered around the Arc PS8. I'm using TA right now in my setup thanks to the CD7200mkii and it definitely helps, but it's not a concrete workaround to poor driver placement. I can definitely tell the shortfalls to not having my tweets up on the dash or higher, but it's definitely an improvement over a non-time aligned system. I'd just prefer to use it as little as possible and focus on the driver placement and round out the rest with TA and EQ. Appreciate the feedback, though. I have definitely wowed a few people who've never considered a benefit to time alignment in a vehicle until they sit down in my driver's seat and hear the difference.
    Lol. I wasn't calling you out or anything. But the simple fact is that in a car... the drivers are NOT equidistant from you. Well, unless you do some crazy shit. And tweeters really aren't even all that concerning. Obviously their physical mounting height will help stage height, but you don't even NEED T/A on tweeter frequencies since they're dominated by intensity.

Dedicated midrange.... well, kicks do wonders here for PLD's and IID is still pretty dominant so you could get away with very little electronic manipulation.

But midbass and lower midrange... chances are that they're in the doors and these are dominated by ITD's. Gots to have some T/A here.

I have a crap ton of tuning at my disposal with the Pioneer p99. But my shit is so simple. All but 7 (all cut and all within -3db) of my 31 bands are flat. I've got about 18" of delay on my driver's woofer and the driver's tweeter is -3db. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

04silverz is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

Re: Has anyone used peerless sls 8" or exodus anarchy what speakers would you reccomm

Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Yep peer pressure stinks.

Do it.
    Haha. I'm sure I'll cave.

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    Lol. I wasn't calling you out or anything. But the simple fact is that in a car... the drivers are NOT equidistant from you. Well, unless you do some crazy shit. And tweeters really aren't even all that concerning. Obviously their physical mounting height will help stage height, but you don't even NEED T/A on tweeter frequencies since they're dominated by intensity.

Dedicated midrange.... well, kicks do wonders here for PLD's and IID is still pretty dominant so you could get away with very little electronic manipulation.

But midbass and lower midrange... chances are that they're in the doors and these are dominated by ITD's. Gots to have some T/A here.

I have a crap ton of tuning at my disposal with the Pioneer p99. But my shit is so simple. All but 7 (all cut and all within -3db) of my 31 bands are flat. I've got about 18" of delay on my driver's woofer and the driver's tweeter is -3db. That's it.
    I really need to setup my time alignment. Been avoiding it for no real reason

refs (from sounddomain):gerald, resonant18, puppettmaster, steedaSVT, george diaz, minimum 40, blaze1foo, negative3five
    ca.com: foxpro5, cd6551, dgr00s, 95stroked1500, 00maxima, vipervenom18, alxmlr789, Killa Camry, GA95DCMSS, cyoung88, grimreper912003, 6spdcoupe, kraudio12, MHd2000, king nothing, stephens30228, mclerico83, hip3, mylows10, fieryhooligan, plyer3, 2lo2flo, trumpet, stereohead69, Chevy Blazin, 99_olds_aurora, BoomTaco64

diyma: bikinpunk, funkPnut, dman, joehemi57

CACO:coolysteve, etznova, Nori808, lowbass, edouble101, p928gts1, rdlyn13000

neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1693 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post

Not bad at all. I'm slowly leaning more and more towards a MS8 over the PS8. Seems like a much more intelligent setup that I'm willing to forgo having all the hands-on controls. I realized yesterday that the DAC on the Pure i20 will be more than capable of handling the processing duties that I can withstand RCA out. That intelligent EQ curve seems like a lifesaver. As of right now, the only EQ on my system is a wide Q on the 2.5K to raise the soundstage and another wide cut on the 8K to remove the sibilance and push the stage back. Sounds really good right now, especially on Zedd's Clarity album. The midbass output on Codec actually surprised me and reminded me I need to deaden the beauty panel over my passenger door handle/armrest.

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3