Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Newbie here with question: what is the best $300 component speakers I can buy?

sizzling is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Newbie here with question: what is the best $300 component speakers I can buy?

Hey everyone. Brand new to car audio and this forum.

Current specs (super basic): '01 Maxima
    Stereo: alpine cde-133bt
    Speakers:6.5" alpine sps-610c pair in front, stock clarions in back
    Power specs for the stereo are: Power Handling Peak: 50W X 4
    Power Handling RMS: 18W X 4

Just bought these speakers from bbuy with installation, but just cannot stand the tweeters. Just dont sound clean, and have a crackly fuzzy sound in certain frequencies. Absolutely ruin the listening experience for me. The 6.5"s sound fine, but nothing special. Plan to return asap when I decide what I want to replace them with.

Want to go up in price from current but $300 is my max. Looking for the best sound quality $300 can buy for front component speakers!

Thanks in advance!

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Re: Newbie here with question: what is the best $300 component speakers I can buy?

How are they installed?

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Re: Newbie here with question: what is the best $300 component speakers I can buy?

50 % install and 50% speakers . cdt hd 61a get my vote at 270 a set til monday

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

sizzling is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    How are they installed?
    Installed by best buy techs. I just do not have the time to learn how to do it, what to speak of actually installing them. I spoke with the guy who installed them about the tweeters, and he said there was nothing he could do besides enable crossovers or something which would spike the tweeters to even higher frequencies. Definitely dont want that.

"50 % install and 50% speakers . cdt hd 61a get my vote at 270 a set til monday"

what do you mean by 50% install 50% speakers? Just trying to clarify, the option you're reccomending is $270 for everything right?

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Meaning the way the tweeters are mounted is going to play a huge role...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)

Falcons is offline that **** i dont like

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

phd's

Things to look forward to:
    (2) 10" or 12" imperium audio designs subs
    set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    Completely seal off and deaden my doors
    aquire a 2k amp
    aquire a 2 channel amp for front stage

7. Thanks PHD - USA thanked for this post
    Likes av83 liked this post
    mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sizzling View Post
    Installed by best buy techs. I just do not have the time to learn how to do it, what to speak of actually installing them. I spoke with the guy who installed them about the tweeters, and he said there was nothing he could do besides enable crossovers or something which would spike the tweeters to even higher frequencies. Definitely dont want that.

"50 % install and 50% speakers . cdt hd 61a get my vote at 270 a set til monday"

what do you mean by 50% install 50% speakers? Just trying to clarify, the option you're reccomending is $270 for everything right?

Thanks again.
    yes 270 for the mids ,tweets and 2 x overs .what i mean by install is ,are the doors deadened at all ? are the tweets installed in the right position to make them sound the best ? and what amp are you using for the components , does it bring the sound out like it should ?

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

PHD - USA is offline I sound better than you PHD - USA is a Supporting Member of the forum!

PHD - USA is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Phd Fb 6.1 kit gets my vote $299, for an amazing speaker set made in Italy.

PHD Audiophile Systems Dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ge_off_me View Post
    Phd Fb 6.1 kit gets my vote $299, for an amazing speaker set made in Italy.
    haven't heard them yet ,was talking to mike yesterday tho,hoping to be a rep soon

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

11. Likes PHD - USA liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    haven't heard them yet ,was talking to mike yesterday tho,hoping to be a rep soon
    Just doing CA Jim?

Western Rep.

oo7
    oo7 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey not to steal your thread 'sizzling' but I too am a newbie and am in a similar situation. Just trying to get an honest opinion about what brand to go with. I, like sizzling, don't mind spending the money, just want to spend it once, on the right product. I havent bought anything yet, but right now I am leaning toward JL C5-650 components for the front (03 civic sedan), and HERTZ HCX 165 "hi-energy" coax's for the rear... Also with two either 10 or 12 inch JL w3's in the trunk, havent decided. Can I do better for the money? Is there a better brand out there? Would you not mix brand between front and rear? Apologies if this is rude to post here sizzling and others... Just found this site 20 minutes ago and this is my first post. Thanks, i appreciate any feedback.

marc2112 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oo7 View Post
    Hey not to steal your thread 'sizzling' but I too am a newbie and am in a similar situation. Just trying to get an honest opinion about what brand to go with. I, like sizzling, don't mind spending the money, just want to spend it once, on the right product. I havent bought anything yet, but right now I am leaning toward JL C5-650 components for the front (03 civic sedan), and HERTZ HCX 165 "hi-energy" coax's for the rear... Also with two either 10 or 12 inch JL w3's in the trunk, havent decided. Can I do better for the money? Is there a better brand out there? Would you not mix brand between front and rear? Apologies if this is rude to post here sizzling and others... Just found this site 20 minutes ago and this is my first post. Thanks, i appreciate any feedback.
    JL products are overrated and overpriced... stick with Hertz or if you want to buy from someone here; get CDTs or PHDs.

av83 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oo7 View Post
    sizzling???

edit: I now see this is the op's name, lol. whoops.

and the general consensus around here is that there is much better to be had for the price of JL Audio. I can't say for certain, having never run a single JL product in my life... but just looking at the specs of their products vs others in the same price is rather enlightening. I would take a b stock Sundown Audio E-12 over a W3 any day. And I own almost the same PHD set mentioned above(slightly different midrange). It's sounds absolutely fantastic.

Pioneer 80prs
    Rockford Fosgate t800.4, CDT ES-MO 6 mids, Digital Designs T2 tweets
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1's strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

av83 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marc2112 View Post
    JL products are overrated and overpriced... stick with Hertz or if you want to buy from someone here; get CDTs or PHDs.
    The gentleman at DIYMA feel the same way about Hertz, lol.

Pioneer 80prs
    Rockford Fosgate t800.4, CDT ES-MO 6 mids, Digital Designs T2 tweets
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1's strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

marc2112 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by av83 View Post
    The gentleman at DIYMA feel the same way about Hertz, lol.
    Choosing between overpriced JLs or overpriced Hertzs. Let me think...uuuuuh? I think i'll stick with my italian made ribbon mids.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast