Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: Newbie here with question: what is the best $300 component speakers I can buy?

PHD - USA is offline I sound better than you PHD - USA is a Supporting Member of the forum!

PHD - USA is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    695 Post(s)

Re: Newbie here with question: what is the best $300 component speakers I can buy?

PHD Audiophile Systems Dealer

av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1254 Post(s)

Re: Newbie here with question: what is the best $300 component speakers I can buy?

Quote Originally Posted by sizzling View Post
    Is it something I could do myself post installation? As I was mentioning before, any kind of installation is kind of out of the question atm for me right now. Just dont have the time. Unless its incredibly simple, then maybe I would consider, lol

If its more than super simple, could I give materials to the best buy techs to do it? Also wanted to ask, are there any good links you would reccommend to shop for prices on these 2 component sets?

Thanks again!
    Is there anywhere else in your area? Best Buy is pretty much as bad as it gets when it comes to installations. They will get the speakers in there, but won't do a single thing else.

Here's a pic of me installing my set. You can kind of make out the deadener that was already in place before i started. I actually consider the seals that are surrounding the speaker, and close the gap in between the speaker and the plastic door panel, to be more critical when it comes to getting the most out of the mid. Best buy will NEVER do this. Probably won't even know what you're talking about if you ask them to, lol.

Pioneer 80prs
    Rockford Fosgate t800.4, CDT ES-MO 6 mids, Digital Designs T2 tweets
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1's strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

sizzling is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by av83 View Post
    Is there anywhere else in your area? Best Buy is pretty much as bad as it gets when it comes to installations. They will get the speakers in there, but won't do a single thing else.

Here's a pic of me installing my set. You can kind of make out the deadener that was already in place before i started. I actually consider the seals that are surrounding the speaker, and close the gap in between the speaker and the plastic door panel, to be more critical when it comes to getting the most out of the mid. Best buy will NEVER do this. Probably won't even know what you're talking about if you ask them to, lol.

Thanks for the pic. So the deadeners are the foam circles surrounding the speakers and thats it? I see.

Well I dont think Im up for removing my door panels. I do believe there are some other car audio places in the area that I could research. Even to a layman like myself, I could see how its common sense that best buy is like the wal mart of audio installation. Basically done on a large scale but a cheap end product. So the PHDs are $299? How much justice would my hu do for them?

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5153 Post(s)

the deadener isn't those foam pieces

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

sizzling is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Oops, I guess its the silverish area peering out the top with the black and grey thing hanging from the side. Anyways, I will have to do some research on audio installation places in my area as well as find out from the best buy techs if my doors would hold the 2.5" mounting depths. Thanks Ge and Mylows for your help as well as everyone else.

6. Thanks PHD - USA thanked for this post
    mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5153 Post(s)

yes its the silver colored stuff you see .and your welcome

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3