User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Newbie here with question: what is the best $300 component speakers I can buy?

av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Newbie here with question: what is the best $300 component speakers I can buy?

Quote Originally Posted by marc2112 View Post
    Choosing between overpriced JLs or overpriced Hertzs. Let me think...uuuuuh? I think i'll stick with my italian made ribbon mids.
    Lol, yes. I whole-heartedly agree. How do the ribbon mids sound?

Pioneer 80prs
    Rockford Fosgate t800.4, CDT ES-MO 6 mids, Digital Designs T2 tweets
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1's strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

marc2112 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Newbie here with question: what is the best $300 component speakers I can buy?

I made a demonstration to a guy I work with and he told me that it was like the harmonica was in his head. They are very smooth and detailed.

3. Likes av83 liked this post
    oo7
    oo7 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, thank you everyone. Amp wise I'll be getting a 5 channel (possibly the jl 900/5hd) roughly 1000watt amp, (100x4, 500x1) something in that wattage range. Would those speakers be underpowered by an amp that size? Same with the Sundown e-12's, rms listed at 400, would two of those subs be underpowered with an amp that size? Definitely Sundown over JL for subwooofers? I've heard JL's best products are their amps and subs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oo7 View Post
    Awesome, thank you everyone. Amp wise I'll be getting a 5 channel (possibly the jl 900/5hd) roughly 1000watt amp, (100x4, 500x1) something in that wattage range. Would those speakers be underpowered by an amp that size? Same with the Sundown e-12's, rms listed at 400, would two of those subs be underpowered with an amp that size? Definitely Sundown over JL for subwooofers? I've heard JL's best products are their amps and subs.
    Do you have anything against going used? There's some killer deals on quality equipment here in the classifieds. That JL amp is almost $700, new. For that amount of money you can have a fantastic mono and four channel, new or used. If you have a ton of money to blow on audio, than get whatever tickles your fancy. But I've built a heck of system for <$1500, because I know where to look, what to look for, and took the time to install properly.

Pioneer 80prs

coltwiget is offline **** Grand

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by av83 View Post
    Do you have anything against going used? There's some killer deals on quality equipment here in the classifieds. That JL amp is almost $700, new. For that amount of money you can have a fantastic mono and four channel, new or used. If you have a ton of money to blow on audio, than get whatever tickles your fancy. But I've built a heck of system for <$1500, because I know where to look, what to look for, and took the time to install properly.
    ^^This. I have 2 shocker sig 12's, an opti 7k, over 50ft of 2/0 welding cable, soon to have a 250 amp alt, a 55ah c&d batt and 4 102ah c&d batts and will have just under $2000.00 in it. So I dont see why if you had half the sub stage you couldnt have a hell of a mids and highs setup to go along with it for $2000.00 total.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Mono's here

Phoenix gold xenon x1200.1

Sundown SAE 1200D for sale!

Kicker ZX1000.1

phoenix gold ryval v8001 800@2

Four channels are EVERYWHERE, lol. I see great ones on Craigslist all the time for super cheap.

But... This one is a steal!!! F/S Memphis MC2004 MClass 4 Channel 50x4rms@4ohm 75x4rms@2ohm Works Great

Pioneer 80prs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coltwiget View Post
    ^^This. I have 2 shocker sig 12's, an opti 7k, over 50ft of 2/0 welding cable, soon to have a 250 amp alt, a 55ah c&d batt and 4 102ah c&d batts and will have just under $2000.00 in it. So I dont see why if you had half the sub stage you couldnt have a hell of a mids and highs setup to go along with it for $2000.00 total.
    Wee'z Shocker bros! lol, I'm growing more critical of how the front stage sounds everyday, so I started going in a different direction a few months ago. But, I was seriously considering a sig 15" for a minute.

Pioneer 80prs

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    Just doing CA Jim?
    Yea most of Cali prolly

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

sizzling is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    yes 270 for the mids ,tweets and 2 x overs .what i mean by install is ,are the doors deadened at all ? are the tweets installed in the right position to make them sound the best ? and what amp are you using for the components , does it bring the sound out like it should ?
    First off, thanks for everyones responses so far. To answer the question above, all I know is that the best buy technicians installed the set, lol. I have no knowledge at all of car audio unfortunately. Not sure how the tweeters are mounted and if the doors are deadened. The only thing I know of powering my speakers is the headunit i mentioned in my original post.

So as it stands now, if im not mistaken, it seems there are 2 options that you guys would put above the rest: cdt hd 61a and Phd Fb 6.1 kits.

Will my Headunit be enough to power those? And how would I find out if there is deadening in my doors, as well as if they are big enough to fit the magnets in these speakers?

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i doubt there is and deadening material in your doors if done at best buy , i can pretty much guarantee this .if there are 6.5 components in now then there shouldn't be an issue with either set,but you will need to know the max mounting depth allowed in you doors .i do know that the cdt components are 2.5 inch mounting depth because of the european design .you should be good if you have the type s components in there now. also the hu will work on either set as well but if you really want them to sound good then you'll need an amp and the deadening of the doors .
    Last edited by mylows10; 01-31-2013 at 05:29 PM.

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks man. Would best buy have the facility to do deadening of the doors you think? And what do you mean when you say "re" and "se" ?

"type s components in the re now. also the hu will work on either se as well"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sizzling View Post
    Thanks man. Would best buy have the facility to do deadening of the doors you think? And what do you mean when you say "re" and "se" ?

"type s components in the re now. also the hu will work on either se as well"
    just some mishaps in typing .i doubt they will even have the deadening material to install , its not that hard to do ,shoot me a text and ill show you a pic of my doors and tell you what needs to be done .650-483-4312 jim

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it something I could do myself post installation? As I was mentioning before, any kind of installation is kind of out of the question atm for me right now. Just dont have the time. Unless its incredibly simple, then maybe I would consider, lol

If its more than super simple, could I give materials to the best buy techs to do it? Also wanted to ask, are there any good links you would reccommend to shop for prices on these 2 component sets?

Thanks again!

PHD - USA is offline I sound better than you PHD - USA is a Supporting Member of the forum!

PHD - USA is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There isn't much shopping for phd haha. They are new to the states, so you have to go through the US rep. I will send you his email in a minute or two.

PHD Audiophile Systems Dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i sell the cdt components and the deadener,no online sales of the phd components are permitted .not very hard to install the deadener , but you do need to remove the door panels
    http://www.cdtaudio.com/main_series/hd/hd61a.htm heres a link to the cdt components

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast