Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Sundown componet set?

bumpasauras is offline Always Hurtin Ears!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sundown componet set?

Ok I am in the market for a componet set and was wondering what the opinions were on the sundown componet set?

I have 2 sa15's on about 1200 rms, with a Phoenix gold ti500.4 running 4 Infinity reference coaxials at the momet running on half of the amp in 2 ohm stereo. What I eventually want to go to is 2 componet sets ran off either side of the ti500.4.

I prefer a "bright" teeter with solid midbass. I listen to a whole range of music but mainly rap/techno. Given the power I have and a budget of 200-250$ what set would you guys go with. I have fell in love with my sa15's and was thinking of giving their components a try.. Has anybody ran the sundowns yet?? And what kinda power do they need?? I will have the components in the doors of my rodeo (there is a location for a 6.5 and a tweeter in the doors) and the second set I will have to fab some kick panels.

Thanks guys any help would be super awsome!

neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Sundown componet set?

Not sure if you're going to experience the same amount of brightness with the Sundowns as you have with the Infinitys. Those are notorious for being harsh, almost ear bleedingly so. Realistically, though, it's more about install than anything when it comes to a tweeter's response. I don't know where it went, but there is a video review somewhere here demoing the Sundown comps. Verdict was that, for the price, they're solid. I might have gone with them if I hadn't found my JBL comps instead and wasn't willing to wait on a preorder. Either way, good luck.

Also, I'd steer away from doing comps all around...tends to mess up soundstaging. Better bet would be comps up front and good midbasses in the rear.

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

bumpasauras is offline Always Hurtin Ears!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sundown componet set?

That was my second idea. Putting a good componet set up front and a good mid driver in the rear, or even running a good componet set in the front with 2 or even 4 mid drivers in some sort of custom kick panel in the front.

You are very correct on the infinities being harsh on the high end . That is the main reason for wanting to change them out they are just too harsh on the highs while a little lacking on the midbass. I just wish I was a better fabricator so I could make some custom door panels to house all my speakers lol!!

Thanks for the reply

Closed Thread