Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Best 6x9 speakers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Best 6x9 speakers?

I'm thinking about buying 6x9 speakers, I just want to make sure I get it right, right now i'm currently deciding on CDT HD-690CF's would anyone suggest anything else, I should I go with these?

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: Best 6x9 speakers?

I run CDT speakers in the truck,and Polk in the CRV at the moment,soon to change to CDT.Ive bought alot,alot of speakers, and the CDT are my favorite affordable speakers of choice right now.They sound great,good mids,nice lows,and the highs are clean/not harsh..I think you will like them.A good friend recommended them to me,when I was looking pretty heavy for speakers, and I have to say..I was not and still not disappointed at all.Great Speakers

Callingindogs is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They don't have tweeters with them since i'll be running a front stage, but, you think they're the best I could get with a $250 price range for 6x9's?
    Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    I run CDT speakers in the truck,and Polk in the CRV at the moment,soon to change to CDT.Ive bought alot,alot of speakers, and the CDT are my favorite affordable speakers of choice right now.They sound great,good mids,nice lows,and the highs are clean/not harsh..I think you will like them.A good friend recommended them to me,when I was looking pretty heavy for speakers, and I have to say..I was not and still not disappointed at all.Great Speakers

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Callingindogs View Post
    They don't have tweeters with them since i'll be running a front stage, but, you think they're the best I could get with a $250 price range for 6x9's?
    I cant give you an answer of THE BEST for $250,but I can say that they /CDT make some fantastic speakers, and you will deff get your moneys worth.Im sure theyre are other speakers in the price range,But as for now,im a big CDT freak!from experiencing them personally from JL/Alpine/Polk/JBL/Bostons/Infinity/Kenwood/Alpine/RF/Ive tried all kinds of brands,except the HIGH Priced FOCAL, Even JBL makes some Excellent 6x9s even,

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've heard good about them too, I think i'll be going with the cdt's, one question, i'm going to be putting this to a 4 channel amp I have until I get the mony for my 2 channel amp, i'll bridge the 4 channel for this, but what would I need to complete it? I'm buying a distribution block 1 0 gauge input, 3 4 guage outputs and I know i'll also need another ground and rca cables, would I need anything else?
    I cant give you an answer of THE BEST for $250,but I can say that they /CDT make some fantastic speakers, and you will deff get your moneys worth.Im sure theyre are other speakers in the price range,But as for now,im a big CDT freak!from experiencing them personally from JL/Alpine/Polk/JBL/Bostons/Infinity/Kenwood/Alpine/RF/Ive tried all kinds of brands,except the HIGH Priced FOCAL, Even JBL makes some Excellent 6x9s even,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

You can find an amplifier wiring kit that will have everything you need to get it hooked up and running on ebay pretty reasonably priced.Just look for a good kit within your budget,that has everything including the speaker wiring ..something such as this even
    Xscorpion PAK48 2B 4 Gauge Complete Power Dual Amplifier Amp Installation Kit | eBay
    XS is made by Stinger, and is decent grade

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

You can find an amplifier wiring kit that will have everything you need to get it hooked up and running on ebay pretty reasonably priced.Just look for a good kit within your budget,that has everything including the speaker wiring ..something such as this even
    Xscorpion PAK48 2B 4 Gauge Complete Power Dual Amplifier Amp Installation Kit | eBay

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ahhh I almost forgot speaker wire lol, I found some kicker x series speaker wire, I read good things about kicker and the fact that it's true gauge, I found some monster rca cables also to go from my sub amp to my 4 channel, i'm gonna bridge the speakers when I wire them, also, would I need to splice the rem wire and bring it to the 2nd amp, I don't need another power wire kit I already have one amp connected, I'll also need to find a power block that has (1) 0/1 gauge input and (3) 4 gauge outputs, I can't seem to find one unfortunatley :/ maybe i'll make another post on here concerning that. Unless you know of anyone that has one, also, how would I split the rem cable to go to both amps?

gmctrucks is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look into Focal I wonder if there any good maybe do some home work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Listen to Audiobaun he really knows his shit!

Closed Thread