Closed Thread

Reload Thread: front stage upgrade??

Durango03 is offline Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

front stage upgrade??

the driver side speaker (skar comps) has stopped playing. tweeter still runs and all other speakers still work. I plan to swap it out with a spare IA front stage and see is its a wiring issue or if its the speaker itself. Any ways, I have an issue of not being able to hear SH!T when I have the bass up. So what is recommended as an upgrade to make the vocal's loud and clear?

Have all of my doors deadened btw.

HeadUnit: sold Front Stage: 6.5 skar vxi65 + IA i65c + DB drive pro tweets Highs Amp: sold Sub Stage: all sold Sub Amp: sold Box: Wall @ ~30cu.ft. Electrical: 100ft 2/0 welding wire + 75ft 1/0 Audio Technix + 2 C&D 140's
    Deadener: 100sq.ft. Audio Technix 60mil

References (sold, bought): Winkychevelle, SKARaudio x2, Patthehat033, Mazdakid, Ten_ton_bass, GAMEOVERCCA, Horsemanwill, Boomsday, Zellner, g6ryder x2, Moble Enclosurs (Box design), Goodstuff, Bread0710, dgaf, Cat Man, and many more (MAF, CACO, & ebay references available as well [110+ transactions])

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Re: front stage upgrade??

High powered comps

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Like what?? lol, Im at a lose.. I looked into Focal and Morel (as I see those are fairly popular on here) but I dont really know what Im looking for in comps..

HeadUnit: sold Front Stage: 6.5 skar vxi65 + IA i65c + DB drive pro tweets Highs Amp: sold Sub Stage: all sold Sub Amp: sold Box: Wall @ ~30cu.ft. Electrical: 100ft 2/0 welding wire + 75ft 1/0 Audio Technix + 2 C&D 140's

References (sold, bought): Winkychevelle, SKARaudio x2, Patthehat033, Mazdakid, Ten_ton_bass, GAMEOVERCCA, Horsemanwill, Boomsday, Zellner, g6ryder x2, Moble Enclosurs (Box design), Goodstuff, Bread0710, dgaf, Cat Man, and many more (MAF, CACO, & ebay references available as well [110+ transactions])

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Budget?

How much powahh?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Budget: 200-300 (not really looking for anymore tweets mainly just some speakers)

Powahh: whatever gets me LOUD so I can actually hear the words lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

So you're running active crossovers or using the Skar ones?

Are they 4 ohm mids?

UnderFire is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I've got my CL-61's for sale, throw 175-200 a side at them and they'll probably get loud enough for you.

97 4runner, 3RZ, 5 Speed

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9887
    Mids: CDT HD-6CF
    Tweets: CDT DRT-25
    Fronts Amp: Hertz HDP4
    Sub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1
    Substage: 18" SSA ZCON
    Electrical: 160 Amp Alt, Duralast Gold, C&D270FR, 2/0 Throughout

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    So you're running active crossovers or using the Skar ones?

Are they 4 ohm mids?
    Skar Xover's, and yes they are 4ohm

Quote Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
    I've got my CL-61's for sale, throw 175-200 a side at them and they'll probably get loud enough for you.
    Thanks of the offer, Ill look into these. Lol, looking for more of a "definitely get you loud enough" as opposed to Probably. Im sure you understand.

UnderFire is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Durango03 View Post
    Skar Xover's, and yes they are 4ohm

Thanks of the offer, Ill look into these. Lol, looking for more of a "definitely get you loud enough" as opposed to Probably. Im sure you understand.
    That's quite a substage, the only definite I would think would be PA mids and supertweets on a huge 4 channel, but that would be above your budget.

97 4runner, 3RZ, 5 Speed

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9887
    Mids: CDT HD-6CF
    Tweets: CDT DRT-25
    Fronts Amp: Hertz HDP4
    Sub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1
    Substage: 18" SSA ZCON
    Electrical: 160 Amp Alt, Duralast Gold, C&D270FR, 2/0 Throughout

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

It's hard to predict the SQ without knowing the crossover point but the Crescendo mids are very loud and iirc are avail in 4 ohm.

Get about 200 plus per side if u really wanna run big power or use your gains and or EQ to level match

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

@mylows10 could probably help you out also. He deals CDT, among other things. Have you said what amp you are pushing them with? How much power are you sending to them?

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    @mylows10 could probably help you out also. He deals CDT, among other things. Have you said what amp you are pushing them with? How much power are you sending to them?
    Using a soundstream DTR4.500 running the tweets (IA I65c *85watts & DB drive P5TW 10 *300watts) off channel 1&2, running the comps (skar VXI65 *350watts & IA I65c *80) off channel 3&4

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Image Dynamics comps @ 2ohms paired with a Boston Acoustics GT-2200 would make plenty of noise.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    Image Dynamics comps @ 2ohms paired with a Boston Acoustics GT-2200 would make plenty of noise.
    any image dynamics dealers on this forum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Durango03 View Post
    any image dynamics dealers on this forum?
    woofersetc is the best place to buy ID stuff

Closed Thread