Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Few questions about Sundown Audio SA-6.5CS Component's

AwesomeStranger is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Icon6 Few questions about Sundown Audio SA-6.5CS Component's

So Im really thinking about purchasing the new 6.5's jacob has on pre-order right now for $155 shipped ($199 after)

The thing is I have no amp to power them, actually have never amp powered any door speakers actually. I currently have 4 Polk Audio DB651 here They are only powered via my headunit, which is here.

Well right now I just have my sub stage good for now, and just want a little better SQ, and better mid bass, which obviously off just HU power these Polk's aren't very loud at all. I'm wondering if I should just purchase a used 4 channel for the polks for beginners to see how I like those then choose if I want to get the sundown 6.5's. Mounting depth is also a concern for me, I'm not sure how much room I have to work in with my doors. I drive a 2004 Mitsubishi lancer OZ rally.

Stay with my polk's, but amp them, or just go ahead and get the Sundown 6.5's and have a learning experience with the crossover and such as I have no idea how that works, but a little google search will help me on that. I've also considered the neo pro 6.5's but that would deff require some custom pods or something in my doors to fit. Ideas?

splwj47 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Re: Few questions about Sundown Audio SA-6.5CS Component's

i would get the sundown 6.5cs comps. and get an amp to power them.

2003 JEEP Grand Cherokee
    HU- pioneer 80prs
    Front Stage- Tantric HD comps.
    FS Amp- B2 Quattro
    Sub Amp-B2 Zero1
    Subs- Tantric HDD 12's
    box - 4.5^3 32hz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B2WJ4.7 View Post
    i would get the sundown 6.5cs comps. and get an amp to power them.
    And leave the rear polks in with the sundowns up front? I guess I could always get a 2 channel amp, but it would be smarter to get a 4 channel used and just use every channel right?

This would be very costly, $155 for the mids,crossovers, and tweeters. Then $100-200 or more for the 4 channel amp lol.

splwj47 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeStranger View Post
    And leave the rear polks in with the sundowns up front? I guess I could always get a 2 channel amp, but it would be smarter to get a 4 channel used and just use every channel right?

This would be very costly, $155 for the mids,crossovers, and tweeters. Then $100-200 or more for the 4 channel amp lol.
    get rid of the polks all together. running rear speakers is a waste of time. and get a 4 channel for the sundowns, it will leave the option in the future if you ever decide to run active.

2003 JEEP Grand Cherokee
    HU- pioneer 80prs
    Front Stage- Tantric HD comps.
    FS Amp- B2 Quattro
    Sub Amp-B2 Zero1
    Subs- Tantric HDD 12's
    box - 4.5^3 32hz

DARKHART is offline One Hitter Quitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Seeing as how your deck only has one set of outputs, to run a two or more amps and still have fade control you would need to either purchase an eq or some type of preamp that has front, rear, and sub outs on it. As far as the need for rear fill well that's really personel choice regardless of what people say (that arguement has been ongoing for years). I like rear fill but that's me, you'd have to make that decision for yourself. If money wasn't an issue I'd go with two sets of the Sundown's, a preamp and a four channel amp. If you're on a budget then keep the Polks that you have, add a preamp and a four channel amp and go from there....

Just when they though it couldn't get any worse, in came the Lord of Kaos, the Darkhart has arisen from his century long slumber..
    NJack2AF
    .............Jameseypoo
    Randyrsx ..........Bagdntagd
    M3Transporter......Teggybwoy
    RJ Sclafani...........Zeuslicious
    Saltyreefguy........Qkassidyw
    Qtrhorse..............Nismos14
    Pistonsfan70........4nine
    SlainNothing.........Orangelss
    M3@Apex............Louisiana_CRX
    SW9152..............DukeNut

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B2WJ4.7 View Post
    get rid of the polks all together. running rear speakers is a waste of time. and get a 4 channel for the sundowns, it will leave the option in the future if you ever decide to run active.
    Actually I hear more from my rear speakers than my front ones. If I fade to the front to balance it out my bass goes away from the sub a little.

Quote Originally Posted by DARKHART View Post
    Seeing as how your deck only has one set of outputs, to run a two or more amps and still have fade control you would need to either purchase an eq or some type of preamp that has front, rear, and sub outs on it. As far as the need for rear fill well that's really personel choice regardless of what people say (that arguement has been ongoing for years). I like rear fill but that's me, you'd have to make that decision for yourself. If money wasn't an issue I'd go with two sets of the Sundown's, a preamp and a four channel amp. If you're on a budget then keep the Polks that you have, add a preamp and a four channel amp and go from there....
    I might keep the polks for now. Will see what happens. If I get the sundowns I'll deff need a amp. Any suggestions? Budget is $200 or so for a good amp, used or new idc. I know $200 isn't much.

Closed Thread