Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39

Reload Thread: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

  1. #16
    myjaja's Avatar
    myjaja is offline Audioque



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*<^>_____
    Posts
    3,642
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    I have these in my car and they sound amazing! Theyre a little more than what youre spending but theyre worth it.

    ES 6mo CDT Audio 6 5" 2 Way Pro Component Speakers Mids Tweeters Crossovers New | eBay



    Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2



    HU: Home stereo converted to dc
    Speakers: Stock
    Subs: 6 1/2 home sub
    Amp: off the stereo
    Wiring: extended power cord
    neon lights: Christmas lights duct taped to frame




  2. #17
    mylows10's Avatar
    mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    monterey , ca
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    Good new 6.5" comps for around 0-img_0691.jpgGood new 6.5" comps for around 0-img_0692.jpgthe pods are designed to sit on the top of the door panels in almost any area of it ,and are attached to the panels from the back side .so thyey can be easily removed just as attached .i can paint them any color you want to match your interior ,and have the components for them also




    pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

  3. #18
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    Quote Originally Posted by myjaja View Post
    I have these in my car and they sound amazing! Theyre a little more than what youre spending but theyre worth it.

    ES 6mo CDT Audio 6 5" 2 Way Pro Component Speakers Mids Tweeters Crossovers New | eBay
    I like the sensivity ,and the Hertz range on those!!How you like CDT in general?I really like mine.I think they sound fantastic.I was leaning towards Hertz MLK after I heard my good friends set up.He is into more high end of SQ,and Im into more SPL..hard to find the happy medium, but Im trying




  4. #19
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    Attachment 26537366Attachment 26537367the pods are designed to sit on the top of the door panels in almost any area of it ,and are attached to the panels from the back side .so thyey can be easily removed just as attached .i can paint them any color you want to match your interior ,and have the components for them also
    Now those are just plain BA mylows! If the OP doesnt grabb them up, hit me up for 2nds..PM me a price on them..Those light grey?




  5. #20
    sjv13's Avatar
    sjv13 is offline StayStrange

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    @mylows10 & @audiobahn

    here is what I'm working with...

    what?! they arent sideways on my comp

    Good new 6.5" comps for around 0-photo-1.jpg

    Good new 6.5" comps for around 0-photo-2.jpg




  6. #21
    mylows10's Avatar
    mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    monterey , ca
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    Now those are just plain BA mylows! If the OP doesnt grabb them up, hit me up for 2nds..PM me a price on them..Those light grey?
    yea they are they have the cdt mesh grills too had them made for my 4 runner by a teammate ,but sold the runner now i just have them laying around .they sound really good too.make me an offer .they had cdt es 6 mo mids and es 010 tweets in them ,but i had to cut a small hole in the panel for the mids to work .if you go with a slimmer mid like the es 62im or the cl 62sl mids then you wouldn't have any issues with mounting depth of the mid.




    pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

  7. #22
    mylows10's Avatar
    mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    monterey , ca
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    the cl 62 sl comp set is what you'll need 1.5 inch mounting depth on the mid . audiobahn hit me up man .im me




    pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

  8. #23
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    Quote Originally Posted by sjv13 View Post
    @mylows10 & @audiobahn

    here is what I'm working with...

    what?! they arent sideways on my comp

    Attachment 26537368

    Attachment 26537369
    Yes sir..not alot you can do with that...a slim component setup, or midrange..but i do like the open pocket down at the bottom of the door that can be sealed off, and run a nice 8in in there up/or a decent size component setup




  9. #24
    sjv13's Avatar
    sjv13 is offline StayStrange

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    Yes sir..not alot you can do with that...a slim component setup, or midrange..but i do like the open pocket down at the bottom of the door that can be sealed off, and run a nice 8in in there up/or a decent size component setup
    How would I go about sealing that off? And can you recommend something for that space? Not very expensive please. Is under $200 possible?




  10. #25
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    Quote Originally Posted by sjv13 View Post
    How would I go about sealing that off? And can you recommend something for that space? Not very expensive please. Is under $200 possible?
    Man you could play with some particle board to make the shape/cut out a bit larger for the opening,and use as a template, anduse 1/2-3/8 mdf/Birch,or even some plexy,and cover with vinyl/suade,or colored box carpeting even with some sound deadner inside the opening,and attatch with some nice screws/self tappers like chrome square head,to give a custom look,and a bit of a hassle for folks to remove quickly if ever broken into..lol.You can still use the CDT components in there, and will sound so much better than that stock location, and just add a mid in stock location,and run 2ohms stereo even.$200 for everything?No sir, but you will save alot by doing your self, and it will sound BA also.i have no doubt.




  11. #26
    myjaja's Avatar
    myjaja is offline Audioque



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*<^>_____
    Posts
    3,642
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    I like the sensivity ,and the Hertz range on those!!How you like CDT in general?I really like mine.I think they sound fantastic.I was leaning towards Hertz MLK after I heard my good friends set up.He is into more high end of SQ,and Im into more SPL..hard to find the happy medium, but Im trying
    I love mine! I actually like them more going active. The tweeters sounded a bit harsh with the 550i crossover. Now they sound really good.



    Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2



    HU: Home stereo converted to dc
    Speakers: Stock
    Subs: 6 1/2 home sub
    Amp: off the stereo
    Wiring: extended power cord
    neon lights: Christmas lights duct taped to frame

  12. #27
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    Quote Originally Posted by myjaja View Post
    I love mine! I actually like them more going active. The tweeters sounded a bit harsh with the 550i crossover. Now they sound really good.
    Enjoying mine as well..some of the best ive bought within the budget in my opinion




  13. #28
    av83's Avatar
    av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,870
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    Quote Originally Posted by sjv13 View Post
    Yeah, the plastic bracket sticks out quite a bit from the door

    Attachment 26537364

    The door pod wouldnt work though because when I close the door, the speaker is pretty close to the side of my dash. Hard to explain, but look at this picture and try to imagine it with the door closed. It ends up being next to where the yellow and white warning sticker is.

    Attachment 26537365

    EDTIT: Okay, so maybe not that close to the sticker, as it isnt that close the front of the car when the door is closed... but either way, those door pods would hit in that location when I close the door.
    I'll go out on a short limb and say the problem is not your speakers at all... Those need sealed off properly. Even if all you did was add a ring of foam tape around the outer edge of the mid, it would increase response greatly.

    Like this:


    Deaden the doors as well, and I imagine the output from the set you have will satisfy you. Hit up @keep_hope_alive ; for some good advice, too.



    Pioneer 80prs
    ...
    Rockford Fosgate t800.4, CDT ES-MO 6 mids, Digital Designs T2 tweets
    ...
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1's strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    ...
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

  14. #29
    sjv13's Avatar
    sjv13 is offline StayStrange

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    Quote Originally Posted by av83 View Post
    I'll go out on a short limb and say the problem is not your speakers at all... Those need sealed off properly. Even if all you did was add a ring of foam tape around the outer edge of the mid, it would increase response greatly.

    Like this:
    SNIP

    Deaden the doors as well, and I imagine the output from the set you have will satisfy you. Hit up @keep_hope_alive ; for some good advice, too.
    hmmm... just adding that foam will help? I dont really want to put the time/money into deadening doors right now. The money:difference ratio just isnt there for me at this point in time. That foam I could definitely do though. My doors dont rattle at all and they are pretty solid too. And they dont have holes.

    And I think I have already talked to him about sealing and brackets before.




  15. #30
    sjv13's Avatar
    sjv13 is offline StayStrange

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    685
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Good new 6.5" comps for around $300

    Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    Man you could play with some particle board to make the shape/cut out a bit larger for the opening,and use as a template, anduse 1/2-3/8 mdf/Birch,or even some plexy,and cover with vinyl/suade,or colored box carpeting even with some sound deadner inside the opening,and attatch with some nice screws/self tappers like chrome square head,to give a custom look,and a bit of a hassle for folks to remove quickly if ever broken into..lol.You can still use the CDT components in there, and will sound so much better than that stock location, and just add a mid in stock location,and run 2ohms stereo even.$200 for everything?No sir, but you will save alot by doing your self, and it will sound BA also.i have no doubt.
    the gears have been turning in my head. I asked crutchfield and they said the mounting depth for the rear doors is 2.5." I dont currently have any speakers back there, so I thought maybe I could throw some of these in there. The rear door speakers are at the bottom of the door just behind the driver and passenger seats, so if I got something like this (CDT Audio Megabass CL-6 EMB) I think I would add that nice kick I'm looking for to the rear of the seats.




Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Comps for JL 300/2
    By PhDinTHC in forum Speakers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 02:52 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 03:31 AM
  3. comps for around $300
    By Eclipse5482 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 06:03 PM
  4. Great comps for $200-300?
    By fatryan in forum Speakers
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 08:53 PM
  5. New ED Comps for cheap!
    By flakko in forum Speakers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-17-2004, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum