Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need Something to keep up with SA-12's

HomeLite is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need Something to keep up with SA-12's

Hey everyone,

Ok, so, I was thinking about putting in 3 8" pro mid drivers in each door and 3 tweeters and call it a day. But I got to thinking that it might be a good idea to have separate drivers for the midbass. Would two 10" midbass, four 8" mids be a good design? Any recommendation for those? Budget will be on the lower end.

Also, what is everyone's experience with tweeter placement? Any tweeter recos? I think I'm more incline to like soft tweeters.

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Re: Need Something to keep up with SA-12's

How many SA 12s are u running? I doubt you'll need all of that to keep up

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

x2 unless you have 6 12's in a wall then that's way too much.

Do multiple soft domes in the A pillars, will have the sound you like and plenty of volume

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HomeLite View Post
    Hey everyone,

Ok, so, I was thinking about putting in 3 8" pro mid drivers in each door and 3 tweeters and call it a day. But I got to thinking that it might be a good idea to have separate drivers for the midbass. Would two 10" midbass, four 8" mids be a good design? Any recommendation for those? Budget will be on the lower end.

Also, what is everyone's experience with tweeter placement? Any tweeter recos? I think I'm more incline to like soft tweeters.
    Instead of worrying about "keeping up" (and based on your equipment ideas), perhaps you should consider multiple 6.5's or 8"/4"/1" 3-ways and reducing the sub output to better match your midbass output...something of a compromise between sub/mids.

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

HomeLite is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll be honest, I kinda wanted it to be a bit ridiculous lol. Seeing a bunch of cars with like 12 speakers in each door must have gotten me all hot and bothered. But I think scaling down is a good idea too. And that way I could push more towards SQ.

I like the idea of a 3 way system. Would a single 10", 8" and 1" combo work?

I like the idea of being able to change the crossover pattern if I have to take the subs out but still be able to get a decent amount of bass.

Should I get more than a single tweeter for each side? If I mount them on the A pillars, do I aim them at the occupants or at the glass?

My current components, the tweets are mounted at the top of the door and the are kinda meh.

Is Crescendo a good brand for component speakers?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Also, how do I keep paper cones dry when I enter and exit the vehicle?

Flex68 is offline dilligaf

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Goes from talking about 3 8" mids and 3 tweets per door, to "scaling down" and being able to "push more towards SQ"

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HomeLite View Post
    I'll be honest, I kinda wanted it to be a bit ridiculous lol. Seeing a bunch of cars with like 12 speakers in each door must have gotten me all hot and bothered. But I think scaling down is a good idea too. And that way I could push more towards SQ.

I like the idea of a 3 way system. Would a single 10", 8" and 1" combo work?

I like the idea of being able to change the crossover pattern if I have to take the subs out but still be able to get a decent amount of bass.

Should I get more than a single tweeter for each side? If I mount them on the A pillars, do I aim them at the occupants or at the glass?

My current components, the tweets are mounted at the top of the door and the are kinda meh.

Is Crescendo a good brand for component speakers?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Also, how do I keep paper cones dry when I enter and exit the vehicle?
    I wouldn't do a 10/8/1 either....maybe a 8/6.5/1 or even better 8/4/1 if you're pushing towards SQ and want to be able to have bass without subs.

I only run one tweeter per side and I like bright tweets but some people run multiples....see what u like. Aiming of tweeters should always be trial and error, we can't tell u that. But we can tell u where to start and personally I think aimed at the occupants might work better.

I'm not a fan Crescendo type mids, I'm more of an SQ guy but people say they get loud and sound good which seems to be what u want. Not sure how deep they dig though.

Closed Thread