Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Speaker Setup, need advice

Roooftop is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Speaker Setup, need advice

I am setting up a new system in my car and I would like some advice. I have a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon, 6.75" front and 6"x9" in the rear. I am not looking to put a dedicated subwoofer in the car right now but do want some good lower mids, maybe upper lows. I may put one in at a later date if I cannot configure this the way I want. So here is my question: What setup would provide the fullest/best sound, covering all ranges, without a woofer? I should also mention, I already purchase a pair of Db Drive S76C 6.5" OKUR Component Speakers 250 Watts for the front and they come with tweeters to replace the stock ones.

Option 1: Find a decent pair of 6"x9"s for the rear and call it done. Just doesn't seem like 6"x9" is a very traditional speaker size and the options are limited. The selection isn't there like 6.5".

Option 2: Get another pair of the Db Drive speakers above and put them in the rear. Would 4 of those be too overpowering? Since I'd like a little bass would this provide that at all?

Option 3: Put a 6.5" subwoofer in the 6"x9" rear opening. I was looking at something like DLS Reference RW6 or JL Audio 6W3V3-4. Can I run these without an amp? If not, should I get a 4-channel amp and push the fronts and rears?

I'd like to do this without an amp, but if needed I guess a small 400-750 watt amp would work. Any help would be appreciated. I have no experience with small form subwoofers. Thanks ahead of time for the help

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: Speaker Setup, need advice

HD-690CFX CDT AUDIO 6" X 9" CARBON FIBER WOOFER | eBay
    A bit of lows in the rear,along with some highs,Recommend a decent 4ch amplifier of at least 100x4 @4ohms

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: Speaker Setup, need advice

Closed Thread