Closed Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Reload Thread: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

  1. #1
    andddlay's Avatar
    andddlay is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    Which do you guys think is the better speaker? I currently own the pro60se and it is very nice, but will get better when I run more than 50w to it. It does, however, have two blown tweeters. Would it be worth it to switch the pro60Se out for the tsd's?

    If i go with the tsd's id use my tweeters from my sc60 that is currently in the rear, however if i dont id have to buy more...







  2. #2
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    Not even a fair comparison. I've had both.

    For one thing the BAs are 6.5s and the Pioneers are 5.25.

    The Pioneers are nice budget speakers at around $100 a set. BA PROs go for 350 a set and just sound way better in every way.

    You're racing a 350z vs a lamborghini aventador...well maybe a Corvette ZR1




  3. Thanks andddlay thanked for this post
  4. #3
    Flex68's Avatar
    Flex68 is offline dilligaf



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Backroads
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    How da fukk did you blow the tweeters??



    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

    HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

  5. #4
    andddlay's Avatar
    andddlay is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    Not even a fair comparison. I've had both.

    For one thing the BAs are 6.5s and the Pioneers are 5.25.

    The Pioneers are nice budget speakers at around $100 a set. BA PROs go for 350 a set and just sound way better in every way.

    You're racing a 350z vs a lamborghini aventador...well maybe a Corvette ZR1
    Thank you for the reply. When I bought the pro, I actually got it for 250, guess it was a deal at the time. It does seem like the way to go, I just need to get a much better amp to power them. I have a kappa 5 right now, which is only pumping out 50w, and from reading a lil online, they run best at 150? Curious on your thoughts/amp suggestion (through some connections of mine I think I can get a kicker ix1000.5 for ~230, but don't know if that would be the best option - plus it would take a week to come, and i want it NOW a), or within a few days lol (via amazon prime or store pickup). Should have all of my upgrades by the weekend besides the amp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex68 View Post
    How da fukk did you blow the tweeters??
    I'm thinking it might be linked to improper power being sent to them. I'm still learning how to recognize this - I spoke with a certified installer who has had 18 years of experience and he immediately said that they were blown. I didn't hear any clicking noises, perhaps they became disconnected (they were not held down by metal bars or anything sturdy). I'll investigate it more.




  6. #5
    Flex68's Avatar
    Flex68 is offline dilligaf



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Backroads
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    I'm thinking it might be linked to improper power being sent to them.

    That'll do it.
    Or having them improperly crossed..... u using the BA xovers that came with the set?



    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

    HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

  7. #6
    andddlay's Avatar
    andddlay is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex68 View Post
    That'll do it.
    Or having them improperly crossed..... u using the BA xovers that came with the set?
    Yes sir.




  8. #7
    andddlay's Avatar
    andddlay is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex68 View Post
    How da fukk did you blow the tweeters??
    Just checked, front right tweeter works, left one does not - they're both laying flat on their face, if you will...hopefully it's just a connection issue.




  9. #8
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    Why not run separate amps instead of a single 5 channel? Run a beefy 2 channel to your fronts, a mono to your sub stage and run the rears on HU power




  10. Thanks andddlay thanked for this post
  11. #9
    andddlay's Avatar
    andddlay is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    Why not run separate amps instead of a single 5 channel? Run a beefy 2 channel to your fronts, a mono to your sub stage and run the rears on HU power
    Would these be ok?
    Amazon.com: Kenwood KAC-7205 2 Channel 1000 Watt Class Ab Amplifier [Electronics]: Car Electronics
    and
    Amazon.com: MRP-M500 - Alpine Monoblock 500 Watt RMS Power Amplifier: Electronics
    ?




  12. #10
    Flex68's Avatar
    Flex68 is offline dilligaf



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Backroads
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    Justhey're both laying flat on their face, if you will...
    lol, strange config



    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

    HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

  13. #11
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    I wouldn't run the Kenwood but the Alpine is ok depending on your sub..what sub are you running? what ohm?

    Whats your budget for a 2 channel amp?




  14. Thanks andddlay thanked for this post
  15. #12
    andddlay's Avatar
    andddlay is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    I wouldn't run the Kenwood but the Alpine is ok depending on your sub..what sub are you running? what ohm?

    Whats your budget for a 2 channel amp?
    i have the jl audio 12w3v3-4 on the way. Sensitivity: 87.15 dB. RMS Power Range : 75-300 Watts. Peak Power Handling: 600 Watts. Impedance: 4 Ohm
    i'd prefer to pay less than 300, and also prefer something that best buy carries (i'm an employee there. it's also preferred cuz i wouldn't have to wait on shipping, but i'm aware the in-store amp selection has limitations (i chose that alpine b/c they carry it)). but i don't have to purchase there if you have others in mind.

    EDIT: You said I could run my rear boston acoustics sc60 on the hu power, but sort of confused cuz the hu's peak power output is 50w and the sc60's rms range is 2-65w (peak 180w). Obviously 50w falls in there...Is what you suggested based on saving money though (which is absolutely fine lol), or would they sound better with a 5 channel and that extra 15w?

    P.S. Am I looking at the right info to determine if this setup would work?
    Last edited by andddlay; 09-20-2012 at 01:34 AM.




  16. #13
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    i have the jl audio 12w3v3-4 on the way. Sensitivity: 87.15 dB. RMS Power Range : 75-300 Watts. Peak Power Handling: 600 Watts. Impedance: 4 Ohm
    i'd prefer to pay less than 300, and also prefer something that best buy carries (i'm an employee there. it's also preferred cuz i wouldn't have to wait on shipping, but i'm aware the in-store amp selection has limitations (i chose that alpine b/c they carry it)). but i don't have to purchase there if you have others in mind.

    EDIT: You said I could run my rear boston acoustics sc60 on the hu power, but sort of confused cuz the hu's peak power output is 50w and the sc60's rms range is 2-65w (peak 180w). Obviously 50w falls in there...Is what you suggested based on saving money though (which is absolutely fine lol), or would they sound better with a 5 channel and that extra 15w?

    P.S. Am I looking at the right info to determine if this setup would work?
    That Alpine amp is rated to do a solid 300 into 4 ohms so it'll be fine for your sub.

    If u want to stick with Best Buy, then stick with Alpine and get a nice alpine 2 or 4 channel whichever fits your budget.

    The main reason I suggested running the rears on HU power is to save money, also, it's likely with your setup, you won't notice the rears too much so I wouldn't focus too much attention there. You don't necessarily have to run a speaker what it's rated for, power wise. You can give it more or less as long as you set it up correctly.

    You're on the right track with determining what will work but don't focus so heavily on matching power ratings especially for your mids and highs and completely disregard peak ratings.




  17. Thanks andddlay thanked for this post
  18. #14
    andddlay's Avatar
    andddlay is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    That Alpine amp is rated to do a solid 300 into 4 ohms so it'll be fine for your sub.

    If u want to stick with Best Buy, then stick with Alpine and get a nice alpine 2 or 4 channel whichever fits your budget.

    The main reason I suggested running the rears on HU power is to save money, also, it's likely with your setup, you won't notice the rears too much so I wouldn't focus too much attention there. You don't necessarily have to run a speaker what it's rated for, power wise. You can give it more or less as long as you set it up correctly.

    You're on the right track with determining what will work but don't focus so heavily on matching power ratings especially for your mids and highs and completely disregard peak ratings.
    great. thank you sooo much for your help. i really appreciate it!




  19. #15
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

    Re: BA pro60se or Pioneer TS-D1320c?

    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    great. thank you sooo much for your help. i really appreciate it!
    no problem man. I'm subscribed to the thread so if u post any more questions, I should see them in my email or you can PM me if you like




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Rainbow SLC's or Pioneer TS-C720PRS
    By BentZero in forum Speakers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 10:57 AM
  2. alpine type-r or Pioneer ts-w306dvc
    By Elton in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 07:02 PM
  3. Clarion SRS1751HX or Pioneer ts-c160r components??
    By DIGIDIGIBOMBO in forum Speakers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 07:18 PM
  4. MTX Thunder 4510 or Pioneer TS-W305C
    By TeXHo MaHuaK in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 06:52 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 05:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum