+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Component Options: Arc Audio Black vs. German Maestro Status

csm
    csm is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Component Options: Arc Audio Black vs. German Maestro Status

I'm looking at the following component speakers for a new build - Arc Audio Black Series 6.2 vs. German Maestro Status Line (their 2nd highest line behind the M-Line). I'm aware that the Maestro's are similar to the MB Qarts of old.

I realize many factors go into this equation (e.g. amplifiers, type of vehicle, etc.), but all things being equal, how do these two lines of speakers compare from a "type of sound" perspective? I know these are quality products, so it's not so much a question of which is best...I'm trying to get a feel for the nature of their sound.

Does anyone have experience with both to draw some kind of comparison? I'm having a hard time finding people with these speakers installed to get a feel for them, so I'm hoping this forum can provide some input. Soundboard set ups don't do it justice - need in car experiences.

Thanks

jd5331 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Component Options: Arc Audio Black vs. German Maestro Status

I realize this is an old thread but I just stumbled across it and recently had a chance to AB test these components. They were on a sound board in a local shop and I spent a good amount of time toggling between the two sets while listening to a familiar CD. The short answer is I preferred the German Maestros (ended up buying them). To my ears the Maestros were more detailed (but not harsh), smoother, and played more dynamic at lower to medium volumes. The Arc's had a more in-your-face presentation. But it goes without saying that we're talking about some of the best speakers so my critiques are nitpicking...would be like choosing between Brady vs Manning.

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Component Options: Arc Audio Black vs. German Maestro Status

Nice the older MB quartz on a soundboard were what first really made me fall in love with car audio. It was playing some crappy classical music, but man, I remember the clarity was just nuts, never heard anything like it before that. Even now, while I'm sure I've heard better, my brain won't acknowledge it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sdmtnbiker420 View Post
    JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.

+ Reply to Thread