Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help build my new system!

Kobaine is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help build my new system!

Hey everyone,
    I have an 04 Honda Accord LX sedan and am looking at upgrading my audio system. I dont want to buy an aftermarket receiver so I went with the JL Cleansweep summing device. I now need help/advice for the rest. I went to both Best Buy & CarToys. Best Buy tried to sell me a pair of 12" polk audios with a polk audio amp, and I did some research and this does not look like a setup that will last more than a week. I then went to CarToys and they suggested I start with buying front speakers (the Focal 165A1sg) and then purchase an amp and subs when I could afford it. They recommended the PDXV9 5ch Alpine amp and two 12w1v24 12" JL subs. For all of that they priced it at about $2500. I dont know who to trust, so thats why I came to you guys! Please help! I would like to keep my budget below $1300 but that is always negotiable. Thanks!

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Re: Help build my new system!

Quote Originally Posted by Kobaine View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I have an 04 Honda Accord LX sedan and am looking at upgrading my audio system. I dont want to buy an aftermarket receiver so I went with the JL Cleansweep summing device. I now need help/advice for the rest. I went to both Best Buy & CarToys. Best Buy tried to sell me a pair of 12" polk audios with a polk audio amp, and I did some research and this does not look like a setup that will last more than a week. I then went to CarToys and they suggested I start with buying front speakers (the Focal 165A1sg) and then purchase an amp and subs when I could afford it. They recommended the PDXV9 5ch Alpine amp and two 12w1v24 12" JL subs. For all of that they priced it at about $2500. I dont know who to trust, so thats why I came to you guys! Please help! I would like to keep my budget below $1300 but that is always negotiable. Thanks!
    pm me your wants and needs ,i can take care of your new system no problem.better equipment too.

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

3. Likes SplAffair liked this post
    SplAffair is offline I lol'd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

you can find much better gear on here for cheaper. stay away from big box stores.

Quote Originally Posted by predxen View Post
    Its not as loud as it should be, you stop hearing it about a block away. you should be able to hear it a quarter mile away.
    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    You need to keep the smoke INSIDE the amplifier. Once you've allowed all the happy smoke to escape the amp will stop working.
    BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SplAffair View Post
    you can find much better gear on here for cheaper. stay away from big box stores.
    ^^^^^this

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Kobaine is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the fast replies! Okay I'll stay away from the big box stores, but the only reason I went there in the first place was for advice. So what do you guys recommend. I listen to a wide variety of music but mostly consisting of EDM. I would like to go much cheaper than 1300 if possible, but what do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kobaine View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I'd do a set of quality components up front like these
    Imagine I61-2V2 6.5" Component / Coaxial Speaker Set - 12v Electronics