Closed Thread

Reload Thread: $200 for front door/6x9 speakers and install. what are your suggestions?

cream1n is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

$200 for front door/6x9 speakers and install. what are your suggestions?

I'm looking to upgrade a bit,. I have a 99 buick century, and while it has a "premium" sound system from the factory, that was 13 years ago. I've already replaced the head unit, and I'm looking to upgrade everything.

(im a huge car audio noob, the only things ive done are installed a head unit and front door speakers).

I'm looking to spend about $200 for front door (5.25") speakers, and rear deck 6x9's. I plan on installing them myself, I've done front door speakers before and I think I'm up to the task. So that leaves me $100 per pair as a budget.

I need 5.25" speakers and 6x9's. I know I'm not going to be getting the "best of the best" but I just want an upgrade from my factory speakers without breaking the bank.

budget: $100 for each pair (less works as well)

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Re: $200 for front door/6x9 speakers and install. what are your suggestions?

Just do a good component set in the front with deadening...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Pioneer TSD front and rear.

for some speaker installation how-to, check out my build log.

i run front speakers only, but i also modify the car.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

mclerico83 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)

i can do a new set of cdt com 626 components for the frt and coaxils for the rear 6.5 all around tho 220 shipped

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Get a set of good front speakers first, and a basic amplifier to power them for a start. Lately, JBL MS-series of speakers have been getting very good reviews. A set costs under $200 online.

Closed Thread