Vifa XT25
    Seas Neo
    Peerless HDS

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Tweeter recommendations to pair with Hybrid Clarus Mids

Why no mentions of the Alpine Type-X tweeter? Supposedly it's one of the best for the money. It's a popular tweeter in active setups, so its frequently traded. Having said that, the Seas Neo Aluminum should fit the bill for everyone except those looking for super high fidelity output. It's a crisp but smooth tweeter that will allow to be high passed at relatively low frequency, if necessary. A pair costs under $100.

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hari-bhari View Post
    Recently went active on my Hybrid Clarus set, sourced from a CarPC with EQ, time alignment, phase, and crossover adjustments, powered with a DSC4125 (125 RMSx4) soon to be swapped for a JL or Cadence 5 channel.
    By the way, what high pass frequency do you use on the tweeter? The stock crossovers use somewhere in the 5000-6000Hz range. Make sure you stay there.

dragnix is offline LXIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Why no mentions of the Alpine Type-X tweeter? Supposedly it's one of the best for the money. It's a popular tweeter in active setups, so its frequently traded. Having said that, the Seas Neo Aluminum should fit the bill for everyone except those looking for super high fidelity output. It's a crisp but smooth tweeter that will allow to be high passed at relatively tweetslow frequency, if necessary. A pair costs under $100.
    I do believe the type x tweets are the xt25 from vifa

Got a pm regarding my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic
    please change it to something non-******. thankyou.

Jroo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I believe this is going to be as close to the type x tweeter as you will find.
    Madisound Speaker Store
    Ive never truly understood all the differences in the versions, but I think several used this one and said it was basically like what came in the type x seperates. I love my type x tweeters, but Im not sure how much you will gain or loss by going with them. I thought the Hybrid tweets were supposed to be very laid back. Maybe try getting them much more on axis with a tweeter cup or something?

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

you can run the Clarus mids up to 10k, but if they aren't pointed at you you won't hear it.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

*My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html]
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

hari-bhari is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    By the way, what high pass frequency do you use on the tweeter? The stock crossovers use somewhere in the 5000-6000Hz range. Make sure you stay there.
    crossing at 5800hz at 12db right now.

i dont know if the clarus mids play up to 10k... i spoke directly with bob morrow at hybrid and he said their upper limit was around 6k. i'll look into the seas neo and vifa xt25... although i have no idea how im going to mount a ring type tweet in my door.

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hari-bhari View Post
    any benefit to letting my mids play higher up? i was thinking if the new tweets play lower, i can go ahead and change my crossover to the 3-4k range and raise up my soundstage some.
    The main benefit to having your mids play higher is that you'd try not to have a shift between drivers in some of most sensitive frequencies or in the vocal range. But, thats virtually impossible when using a 6.5 b/c without it being aimed at you, beaming will really ruin your FR at those frequencies until your tweeter picks up.

If you're looking to cross lower, I'd definitely say go with the Seas Neos. The LPGs are very nice tweeters but in my experience don't like to go below 4khz AT ALL. Crossing lower can help raise the stage in some cases. Its really a matter of preference and how your car is setup.

I'd say for ease of use or experimentation purposes, go with the Seas Neo tweeters. They are some of the best reviewed tweets for the money and they have the ability to be crossed pretty low. Coupled with the fact that your HAT mids can play out to 5 or 6khz, you have a lot a room to play around with diff. xover points and see which one gives u the best mix of proper tonality and stage height.

hari-bhari is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    The main benefit to having your mids play higher is that you'd try not to have a shift between drivers in some of most sensitive frequencies or in the vocal range. But, thats virtually impossible when using a 6.5 b/c without it being aimed at you, beaming will really ruin your FR at those frequencies until your tweeter picks up.

If you're looking to cross lower, I'd definitely say go with the Seas Neos. The LPGs are very nice tweeters but in my experience don't like to go below 4khz AT ALL. Crossing lower can help raise the stage in some cases. Its really a matter of preference and how your car is setup.

I'd say for ease of use or experimentation purposes, go with the Seas Neo tweeters. They are some of the best reviewed tweets for the money and they have the ability to be crossed pretty low. Coupled with the fact that your HAT mids can play out to 5 or 6khz, you have a lot a room to play around with diff. xover points and see which one gives u the best mix of proper tonality and stage height.
    i believe i'm sold, sir. ill give it a shot. worse case i revert back to my hybrid tweets and sell/return these. thanks!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2