Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Reload Thread: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

  1. #1
    Drummer65's Avatar
    Drummer65 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    400
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    Looking for a pair of mids to replace the silver flutes. The flutes are just not loud enough and IMO lacking in midbass. I need a mid that will play 70-3800hz. Ive got about 150 watts rms for each speaker

    Been looking at either the Sundown neo pros or the crossfire XS m6

    Crossfire XS M6 6" Hi-Output Car Mid-Bass Driver Loudspeaker

    The crossfires are about half the price of the sundowns



    Car: 2001 Honda Civic LX

    Headunit: Clarion EQS746
    Processor: Arc Audio PS8
    Front Stage: Peerless 830875 6-1/2" - SB Acoustics SB29RDC Tweeters
    Front Stage Amp: Vibe litebox Stereo 4 (Tweets) Punch 550.2 (Mids)
    Subwoofers: 2 x DD 9515g - 6 cubes 34hz
    Subwoofer amps:2 x SAZ-3500d's
    Electrical: DC Power 180HP, 2 Batcap 4000's, 1Batcap3000, 1 Deka 9a31 all in the trunk




  2. #2
    Theride's Avatar
    Theride is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    i thought the same about the flutes. they are definitely not loud. i replaced mine with ID CSX62, which i feel are too laid back. i like a sharp detailed sound and im having a hard time finding it. it also seems as if to get loud and clean, you gotta spend 500 bucks




  3. #3
    Ridinhi's Avatar
    Ridinhi is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer65 View Post
    Looking for a pair of mids to replace the silver flutes. The flutes are just not loud enough and IMO lacking in midbass. I need a mid that will play 70-3800hz. Ive got about 150 watts rms for each speaker

    Been looking at either the Sundown neo pros or the crossfire XS m6

    Crossfire XS M6 6" Hi-Output Car Mid-Bass Driver Loudspeaker

    The crossfires are about half the price of the sundowns
    i run the Flutes also with 100watts per side. My midbass is pretty nice imo. doors are maybe 60% deadened. I feel they get decently loud but I what I like about them is that they sound good. But, I too am in the market to try another set of mids. Mine are also running on a set of Crescendo ccx passives which I feel are holding them back.




  4. #4
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    Quote Originally Posted by Theride View Post
    i thought the same about the flutes. they are definitely not loud. i replaced mine with ID CSX62, which i feel are too laid back. i like a sharp detailed sound and im having a hard time finding it. it also seems as if to get loud and clean, you gotta spend 500 bucks
    Try H-Audio Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridinhi View Post
    i run the Flutes also with 100watts per side. My midbass is pretty nice imo. doors are maybe 60% deadened. I feel they get decently loud but I what I like about them is that they sound good. But, I too am in the market to try another set of mids. Mine are also running on a set of Crescendo ccx passives which I feel are holding them back.
    are your doors properly sealed? Have u checked for phasing issues? Is the speaker baffle solid?




  5. #5
    Ridinhi's Avatar
    Ridinhi is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    Try H-Audio Souls


    are your doors properly sealed? Have u checked for phasing issues? Is the speaker baffle solid?
    Oh,dont get me wrong. I really like the Flutes,you know how it is when just had a set for a whilw and you get the itch to try something new/different.




  6. #6
    disturbed471985's Avatar
    disturbed471985 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greenwood, La
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer65 View Post
    Looking for a pair of mids to replace the silver flutes. The flutes are just not loud enough and IMO lacking in midbass. I need a mid that will play 70-3800hz. Ive got about 150 watts rms for each speaker

    Been looking at either the Sundown neo pros or the crossfire XS m6

    Crossfire XS M6 6" Hi-Output Car Mid-Bass Driver Loudspeaker

    The crossfires are about half the price of the sundowns
    Listen here fucker stop following my build LOL.... Just messsing with ya I got almost exact same thread u got up. Prob going crossfires but going to see whats floating round first.. GL bro

    Silvers are nice I have a solid 200 going to each pair and they will get loud and sound good doing so been running flutes for well over 4 years hard to beat mid for 30bucks... Just time for a change maybe good maybe worse but gotta try. Then gonna have to build 1/4" spacers just to get them to wrk so more fiberglass wrk.... SF 2.9" CF 3.0"s.....

    OP most places are sold out. I have bought from this company before and they are legit. Prob is gonna be around $230 bucks to get mine... http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_1...udspeaker.html



    RIP Maynard "My heart"

    HU - Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage - 5 Silver flute 6.5's - 6 Seas Prestige tweets Soon to be FS
    Front Stage amp - DB Drive A7 125.4 For Sale In amp section
    Subwoofer - 3 Skar VVX 10's & 2 TRF Blacks For Sale in Sub Section
    Subwoofer Amp - 2 - Skar SK-2500's & Sundown 5k & 2 Nendo bc2000's For Sale in Amp section
    Box - 4.25cf tuned to 30hz using a 6" internal aero 15" long.. Free
    Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Sprinter S12V370F & HC1800 Soon to be all FS

  7. #7
    okiedokie's Avatar
    okiedokie is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Age
    91
    Posts
    1,356
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    Wow




  8. #8
    Drummer65's Avatar
    Drummer65 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    400
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    Quote Originally Posted by disturbed471985 View Post
    Listen here fucker stop following my build LOL.... Just messsing with ya I got almost exact same thread u got up. Prob going crossfires but going to see whats floating round first.. GL bro

    Silvers are nice I have a solid 200 going to each pair and they will get loud and sound good doing so been running flutes for well over 4 years hard to beat mid for 30bucks... Just time for a change maybe good maybe worse but gotta try. Then gonna have to build 1/4" spacers just to get them to wrk so more fiberglass wrk.... SF 2.9" CF 3.0"s.....

    OP most places are sold out. I have bought from this company before and they are legit. Prob is gonna be around $230 bucks to get mine... Crossfire XS M6 6" XS Series Hi-Output Mid-Bass Loudspeaker
    Haha i didn't even see your thread. We do have a familiar front stage what Seas tweets do you have? Don't get me wrong I loved my flutes and for $30 they are hard to beat, but I'm also just looking to change things up and also looking for mids that will play louder and have deeper midbass doing it. I could wire down to 2 ohms and feed each speaker 250 watts. Know any mids that will handle that daily?

    Anyone heard anything about the Sundown Neo pros? How do they perform

    Quote Originally Posted by okiedokie View Post
    Wow
    ?



    Car: 2001 Honda Civic LX

    Headunit: Clarion EQS746
    Processor: Arc Audio PS8
    Front Stage: Peerless 830875 6-1/2" - SB Acoustics SB29RDC Tweeters
    Front Stage Amp: Vibe litebox Stereo 4 (Tweets) Punch 550.2 (Mids)
    Subwoofers: 2 x DD 9515g - 6 cubes 34hz
    Subwoofer amps:2 x SAZ-3500d's
    Electrical: DC Power 180HP, 2 Batcap 4000's, 1Batcap3000, 1 Deka 9a31 all in the trunk

  9. #9
    disturbed471985's Avatar
    disturbed471985 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greenwood, La
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer65 View Post
    Haha i didn't even see your thread. We do have a familiar front stage what Seas tweets do you have? Don't get me wrong I loved my flutes and for $30 they are hard to beat, but I'm also just looking to change things up and also looking for mids that will play louder and have deeper midbass doing it. I could wire down to 2 ohms and feed each speaker 250 watts. Know any mids that will handle that daily?

    Anyone heard anything about the Sundown Neo pros? How do they perform



    ?
    4 of these - Madisound Speaker Store Got each pair getting a solid 200 crossed at 3.5k...
    I hear I like my silvers but its been half a decade since I tried something new so figured why not.... Before the silvers I ran DD mids and they were pure mehhhhhh.. I know alot of PA mids that can take that kinda power. Nendo's seems to be the new boner.. But before I run nendo I will run the crossfires. I like the sundowns but not at that price.... Not never...



    RIP Maynard "My heart"

    HU - Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage - 5 Silver flute 6.5's - 6 Seas Prestige tweets Soon to be FS
    Front Stage amp - DB Drive A7 125.4 For Sale In amp section
    Subwoofer - 3 Skar VVX 10's & 2 TRF Blacks For Sale in Sub Section
    Subwoofer Amp - 2 - Skar SK-2500's & Sundown 5k & 2 Nendo bc2000's For Sale in Amp section
    Box - 4.25cf tuned to 30hz using a 6" internal aero 15" long.. Free
    Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Sprinter S12V370F & HC1800 Soon to be all FS

  10. #10
    disturbed471985's Avatar
    disturbed471985 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greenwood, La
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    Try H-Audio Souls

    are your doors properly sealed? Have u checked for phasing issues? Is the speaker baffle solid?
    These look nice but at those prices they better be made by the hand of GOD... $200 bucks seems to be going rate for a set of used ones....

    Like these but looks like finding them will be next to impossible - BeM6



    RIP Maynard "My heart"

    HU - Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage - 5 Silver flute 6.5's - 6 Seas Prestige tweets Soon to be FS
    Front Stage amp - DB Drive A7 125.4 For Sale In amp section
    Subwoofer - 3 Skar VVX 10's & 2 TRF Blacks For Sale in Sub Section
    Subwoofer Amp - 2 - Skar SK-2500's & Sundown 5k & 2 Nendo bc2000's For Sale in Amp section
    Box - 4.25cf tuned to 30hz using a 6" internal aero 15" long.. Free
    Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Sprinter S12V370F & HC1800 Soon to be all FS

  11. #11
    Why So Cereal?'s Avatar
    Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal



    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Drowning in milk
    Posts
    7,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    Quote Originally Posted by disturbed471985 View Post
    These look nice but at those prices they better be made by the hand of GOD... $200 bucks seems to be going rate for a set of used ones....

    Like these but looks like finding them will be next to impossible - BeM6
    The Souls aren't really made for SPL builds but they do very well for SQ in which case you'd likely only need one set. I have heard of people liking them over HAT Legatia




  12. #12
    disturbed471985's Avatar
    disturbed471985 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greenwood, La
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    The Souls aren't really made for SPL builds but they do very well for SQ in which case you'd likely only need one set. I have heard of people liking them over HAT Legatia
    Doors are glassed for dual 6.5's so kinda stuck with going with 2 per door. SQ is a factor but they must also be able to keep up with everything else even if that takes some sq away...



    RIP Maynard "My heart"

    HU - Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage - 5 Silver flute 6.5's - 6 Seas Prestige tweets Soon to be FS
    Front Stage amp - DB Drive A7 125.4 For Sale In amp section
    Subwoofer - 3 Skar VVX 10's & 2 TRF Blacks For Sale in Sub Section
    Subwoofer Amp - 2 - Skar SK-2500's & Sundown 5k & 2 Nendo bc2000's For Sale in Amp section
    Box - 4.25cf tuned to 30hz using a 6" internal aero 15" long.. Free
    Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Sprinter S12V370F & HC1800 Soon to be all FS

  13. #13
    keep_hope_alive's Avatar
    keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Quad Cities, IL
    Posts
    5,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    I run my silver flutes down to 50Hz with 100W RMS from the xtant amps. But my baffles are substantial, my doors are sealed and deadened, and I have PVC encased fiberglass batt absorption in the doors.

    I'm happy with the response I get from them. I like the Hertz ML165 more though.



    have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

    My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

  14. #14
    keep_hope_alive's Avatar
    keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Quad Cities, IL
    Posts
    5,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    I would try a Peerless woofer next. Tymphany is a good company.

    http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...umber=264-1148
    I think this would be a good midbass.



    have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

    My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

  15. #15
    splwj47's Avatar
    splwj47 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Great White North
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

    Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    Try H-Audio Souls


    are your doors properly sealed? Have u checked for phasing issues? Is the speaker baffle solid?
    Where do u get these h-audio?



    2003 JEEP Grand Cherokee
    HU- pioneer 80prs
    Front Stage- Tantric HD comps.
    FS Amp- B2 Quattro
    Sub Amp-B2 Zero1
    Subs- Tantric HDD 12's
    box - 4.5^3 32hz

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS:4 ohm Silver Flute Mids
    By Mitch86 in forum Speaker Classifieds
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 07:23 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 01:33 PM
  3. I need to replace the mid/bass in my components
    By lovindabass in forum Speakers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 02:44 PM
  4. 6.5" to replace EF-61 mids
    By phatcat600 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 03:33 PM
  5. WTB : good 6.5 mids to replace some infinitys
    By davidtemple in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 10:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum