Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Tweeter position dilema..HELP!

evers is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tweeter position dilema..HELP!

I'm having trouble deciding if I should go with some quality Coaxial's or Comp's. Problem is tweeter placement. From everything I read and heard, it's always best to have the tweeter as close as possible to the woofer. If I go with the components I will have to fab up some tweeter pod's by the corner of the windows, for the coaxial's it's just a drop in. I'm thinking of going with the Image Dynamics CTX65 Coaxial's or/if components the CTX65cs both look beefy and sound great. The car is an 01 Camaro, distance from mid-woofer to the corner of the window is about 17". What's you're guys opinion?

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: Tweeter position dilema..HELP!

the tweeter doesnt always have to be close though being close is better. if you have the ability to time align the tweeters seperate from the mids placing the tweeters higher up on the a-pillars or dash can be beneficial.

without time alignment you just need to get them as on axis as possible and still have a way to tame them down if they are a little bright. most crossovers that come with the tweeters can do this.

a set of coaxial can sound good as well but just dropping them in isnt going to work the best. you would be better building a pod to angle the speakers more on axis.

not saying that drop-ins wont do you fine, for some people drop ins work great for the true audiophile custom is the only way to go.

really it depends on what you want out of the system and how much time you have to put into the systems design and actual built.

for tweeters do a quick search on tweeter spheres and you can learn alot in keep_hope_alive s thread about tweeter aiming and placement.

personally i like taking a strip of velcro and just sticking my tweeter around till i find a good spot then i modify that spot to be better usually by making tweeter spheres

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

3. Thanks keep_hope_alive thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the Hybrid Audio Clarus components and I love them. So much so that I am going to buy a couple of pairs of Mirus or Imagine coaxials for the wife's new car. I wouldnt limit your options to just ID.

All girls are whores, just ask your mom how you got here.

Feedback Thread
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/407829-blackfx4intn-feedback-thread.html

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

Tweeter Spheres - pics and examples

thread with tweeter spheres detailed

a car is a different situation than a home. tweeters do not need to be close to woofers, and given typical woofer placement, you don't want tweeters there.

tweeters set up the stage height, in most cases.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

*My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html]
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

evers is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I knew I could count on this forum to figure it out, thanks for the replies guys!

Closed Thread