So, I've been working on this SQ setup in my tC that sounds very good to me. But, I realized I'll never probably compete SQ and I'm wanting a little more loud but still want my mids and highs to be well pronounced over the bass like it is now. I'm considering some different things for my sub stage, but, first I want to make sure I have will have loud enough mids and highs. Here's where it get's a little crazy (setup is in my sig BTW):
1) I want to be able to at least keep a good center image, but am willing to sacrifice other psycho-acoustic effects like depth and some of my imaging in hopes of making it a little louder.
2) I want to run rears (don't ask why, I just like rear speakers I was gonna run them in my SQ setup eventually too, properly processed of course) , preferably full range.
Some ideas I had were in no particular order:
1) 2 Sets of Passive 2 Way Comps up front from the Aura Amp, with rears off of the Memphis 2 Channel that is now pushing my tweets. I was going to use my HU's active and processing abilities to delay, attenuate and maybe filter the rears if necessary to keep them from screwing up my sound stage too bad. (I am aware of the phasing issues that could come with multiple drivers up front playing the same frequencies, but I had 2 sets of comps before and it seemed to work, even though I'm a little more picky now than I was back then)
2) One Set of 3 way Passive Comps up front, with rears processed the same way as option 1.
3) One Set of 2 way Passive Comps up front, rears processed same way as option 1
4) Stay active, double up on front stage drivers, run rears on a small 2 channel amp with outputs from my Aura amp. Wont be able to delay them, but can attenuate and they'll be bandpassed at same freqs as my front mids.
5) Keep the same front stage actively and add rears the same way as option 4.
Cliffs: Want louder mids and highs to match soon to be upgraded sub stage, while still being able to atleast keep a good center image in my sound stage. How should I go about it?