Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help Setting up some component speakers...

Fresh101 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help Setting up some component speakers...

Hello Everyone, I have a component set of JL Audio C5-650 and was wondering if I should be setting it up tweeter be connected to a separate speaker line connected to 1 channel on the amp and the 6.5" speaker to a different speaker line to be connected to a different channel or both goes on 1 same line and the tweeter crossover will do the work avoiding to use the amp crossover? I have a 4 channel amp (hd600/4 JL Audio). Thanks in advance

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: Help Setting up some component speakers...

Use the cross over for the components, as they may have different settings for the mid, and the tweet that you will not have wiring direct.That cross over will also help keep those low frequencies away from those speakers, and x them over at a safe Hz/Khz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks buddy

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

You can bridge the amp for more power or use the other channels to power dedicated midbass woofers.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    You can bridge the amp for more power or use the other channels to power dedicated midbass woofers.
    Hello Keep Hope Alive, I got all channel in use with component speakers, in other words 2 pairs, one is 6x9 component and the other 6.5" component. I asked because I have another amp HD600/4 that I am not using and was wondering if it was better to separate.

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Running @2ohms will generate more power and run a little warmer, but is stable ,and by doing so ,will eleminate installing another amplifier /and voltage draw and save space.Using another amplifier, will be a safe bet for being @ a4ohm load, and run cooler,and take up space, and generate more draw on voltage from the electrical system that running 2ohms stereo in which will only draw maybe another 5-10 amps verses another 30-?60? depending on the amplifier.Id run 2ohms Stereo,majority of amplifiers are rated to be stable @2ohms, and will generate more power as well.Just my opinion.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    Running @2ohms will generate more power and run a little warmer, but is stable ,and by doing so ,will eleminate installing another amplifier /and voltage draw and save space.Using another amplifier, will be a safe bet for being @ a4ohm load, and run cooler,and take up space, and generate more draw on voltage from the electrical system that running 2ohms stereo in which will only draw maybe another 5-10 amps verses another 30-?60? depending on the amplifier.Id run 2ohms Stereo,majority of amplifiers are rated to be stable @2ohms, and will generate more power as well.Just my opinion.
    I didn't really installed this component, I bought them new but gave it to someone to install. I am going to be reduing my system again, and remaking my sub box this coming up weekend and wanted to know the best way to install them if I need to redue it or better yet how can I make them 2ohms to get them louder without the need of another amp, so I can just go ahead and switch them to 2ohms all at once upgrading my system?

Closed Thread