Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: car audio vs pro audio speakers

MANTI5 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: car audio vs pro audio speakers

In general yes, home audio is light years ahead of car audio, there's the right drivers for the right enclosures.

Refs: Mitch86, talon, kramer_212, kushy_dreams, ctmaudi, pro-rabbit, ikoolguy, tat2bass

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    By pro audio you mean stuff that runs of AC power(Wall outlet) right???

Cars use DC power, from my understanding 100watts off a wall outlet is alot more then 100 watts out of a car amplifier.
    lmao stop giving out your opinion.. 100watts is 100watts.. the voltage/amperage that gets you there is what differs in a home vs car

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    Pro audio speakers are made to be loud, they arent made to sound good.

Look at the fs (resonant frequency spec) of pro speakers, where a car audio sub would spec say 30hz a pro sub would be over 50hz.

Same with pro mids, car mids can spec at 35-60hz, pro mids can be over 100hz.
    Pro audio speakers are made just fine.. its the retards who use them incorrectly that give them a bad name.. those specs are not relevant and shows how little you actually know.. pro audio speakers were meant to be put in enclosures not tinfoil doors..

Quote Originally Posted by nismos14 View Post
    No Pro audio is not cleaner, it is louder. For those that simply want to get loud, pro audio is the way to go. For those that want MIDBASS and not MIDRANGE from their car audio speakers will use "car audio" speakers.
    wrong again.. CLEAN CLEAR yadda yadda get people all mixed up.. Clear relates to distortion.. just because a speaker is not distorting does not mean it is CORRECTLY reproducing the material at hand.. You can get pro audio speakers to produce midbass.. but people purchase MIDRANGE speakers and expect the world.. for those that want midbass purchase MIDBASS..

Quote Originally Posted by MANTI5 View Post
    Home audio does not equal "pro audio" or "concert speakers". I think things are getting confused in hur.
    people giving incorrect info is what it is..

Quote Originally Posted by MANTI5 View Post
    In general yes, home audio is light years ahead of car audio, there's the right drivers for the right enclosures.
    All around.. not just general.. The market for home audio is 10x+ bigger than that for car audio so more stuff is made

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Also to answer the op.. If you have ever been to a club or ever watched a dj work they are constantly tweaking the EQ for EVERY song and multiple times for each song.. that is to keep the pro audio speakers sounding good and keeping em from going poof..

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

Why So Cereal? is offline Invisible Cereal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Hmmmm never looked into PA midbass....interesting....

Learn somethin everyday!

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nismos14 View Post

Stop buying cheap **** car audio speakers and you won't have this problem.
    This is true. I don't see the point in spending $5k on speakers and putting them in a tin can. With that money, I will buy decent home audio speakers.

Even the best car audio speakers are medium level home audio drivers.

You think Focal offers the same speakers to car audio they sell to Wilson Audio? Even $6k Utopia Be is a step down. Listen to some MAXX-3 speakers and you'll understand. I haven't even heard Alexandria, at $100k each. Car audio is a hobby, and I am very realistic.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

*My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html]
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

The_Grimy_One is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    This is true. I don't see the point in spending $5k on speakers and putting them in a tin can. With that money, I will buy decent home audio speakers.

Even the best car audio speakers are medium level home audio drivers.

You think Focal offers the same speakers to car audio they sell to Wilson Audio? Even $6k Utopia Be is a step down. Listen to some MAXX-3 speakers and you'll understand. I haven't even heard Alexandria, at $100k each. Car audio is a hobby, and I am very realistic.
    This ^^^
    Keep Hope Alive always drops knowledge! I need to get into the home audio game!

Deck: Pioneer 80PRS
    Front Stage: Incriminator Audio I65C / Front Amp: Alpine MRV F540
    Sub: 12" TC Sounds 2000 / Sub Amp: MMATS 2000.1
    Bought From: ge_off_me, Boomsday, Chemmins, impactas, Sleazebagger, NoPh33rRaCiNg, fasfocus00, 50cents, flastrongman, pborcich, ace_800, GAMEOVERCCA
    Sold To: Jamesmington, Juicee, Bunkrd you, Donnie Darko, ge_off_me, destined2race, todd131, Imjtnotu, mclerico83, aimology, Audiobahn, kpetree
    Traded With: ge_off_me, Imjtnotu

Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Buck is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    By pro audio you mean stuff that runs of AC power(Wall outlet) right???

Cars use DC power, from my understanding 100watts off a wall outlet is alot more then 100 watts out of a car amplifier.
    100 watts is 100 watts, bro.

***ONLY TAKING IN BOX BUILDS ATM***
    **We do accept full car builds, as in full installs**
    Find us on Facebook and Instagram!

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow
    In Nashville? Me too! Pm me and come hangout!

JoshC is offline The Taco MASTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Well i was helping a friend set up a show and we were loading up equipment(mixers, decks, amps n such). He said grab the 400watt amp for the back stage and i was like **** thats it? Just my sub takes 800 and all he had to say was there was a large difference between car audio and pro audio

Pioneer DEH-P9400BH-CDT HD61s-Kenwood&AQ-Obsidian 12
    Doors covered inside and out in AT 60mill

Sold to: akheathen, audiobaun----Traded with: Mylows10-------Bought from: fasfocus00, Ram_Designs, Mylows10, power-fanatic07, Argento

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    This neglects the difference between rating methods, and any distortion. Input != Output on every amp ever made. Nothing is an ideal amplifier.

Though the post you quoted doesn't make sense. I can share pics of what a 150Wx2 home audio amp looks like....

*My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html]
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Grimy_One View Post
    This ^^^
    Keep Hope Alive always drops knowledge! I need to get into the home audio game!
    that. I don't understand how someone has perfect answers in every situation. KHA and Holic never cease to amaze me. probably never lose arguments...except with women...we all lose those....even when we're right

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by princ3cmo View Post
    that. I don't understand how someone has perfect answers in every situation. KHA and Holic never cease to amaze me. probably never lose arguments...except with women...we all lose those....even when we're right
    Spend a few decades answering car audio questions, spend the better part of a decade as an EE consultant, and be objective.

Women are stupid. You can win any arguement with a women if you don't let logic get in the way. Ignore logic when dealing with women. Focus on feelings.

12. Thanks nateberrier, Why So Cereal? thanked for this post
    Likes nateberrier, Why So Cereal? liked this post
    2ndroundko is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok cool so after fitlering out the blah blah and fighting I from what I get the PA/ Home audio speakers are superior in design and quality, but sound reproduction is limited to the platform in which it is installed. correct me if Im wrong but basically if the vehicle is deadened properly and the sound stage is setup correctly for the vehicle there is always going to be a better sounding PA speaker $ for $ than the car audio has to offer. that being said with out spending the time in money in proper deadening even to the point of over kill installing PA speakers would be a waste. On a side note I have read keep hope alives entire 27 page build log on sound domain and the dude knows his stuff, great job man. thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndroundko View Post
    ok cool so after fitlering out the blah blah and fighting I from what I get the PA/ Home audio speakers are superior in design and quality, but sound reproduction is limited to the platform in which it is installed. correct me if Im wrong but basically if the vehicle is deadened properly and the sound stage is setup correctly for the vehicle there is always going to be a better sounding PA speaker $ for $ than the car audio has to offer. that being said with out spending the time in money in proper deadening even to the point of over kill installing PA speakers would be a waste.
    Pretty much

Build the car around the sound system, use non-car audio speakers. Retrofit speakers into the car, use car audio. T/S parameters are vastly different.

I love Dynaudio speakers. I would rebuild the car around them, or enjoy them more in my house.

big_ol_meat is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

KHA always right? I have a pic that proves he's just plain WRONG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by big_ol_meat View Post
    KHA always right? I have a pic that proves he's just plain WRONG.
    Pics of said pic?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast