Quoted
    0 Post(s)

6.5" components

I need some opinions between these four sets:

HAT Imagine

CDT CL 62 PRO

Morel Maximos

Morel Tempos

They will be going in a mazda 6. Mids in the bottom door and the stock tweets are in the door sail?

I'm not against mounting in a coax configuration just want the best sounding set out of these or something similar.

I do not have an amp picked out at the time.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5046 Post(s)

Re: 6.5" components

thats a hard decision ,they all sound really good ,so i guess its would come down to budget ,for me.if you deaden your doors ,they'll prolly sound close to the same.

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

lawlyes2007 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yea kinda what i'm thinkin, but the budget isn't really a concern here as they are all pretty close to the same $

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1157 Post(s)

They will sound different. But it is not feasible to audition all in the same car. each tweeter is a different size, you may want to consider mounting the tweeters into your decision. Don't coaxially mount them, use the sail panel.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Wattser93 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I was also in the same boat looking for a solid set of comps at that budget. If I had an active capable HU, I would have bought the HAT Imagines. The only reason I didn't was because I don't have active capability, and was worried about the tweets being too bright and not having a way to tame them.

I auditioned quite a few sets locally until I found a set that my ears liked. If you can, try to audition the sets before you make a decision. I found that "forum boners" that I read so highly of were nothing special to my ears.

'01 Denali
    HU: KDC-X693
    Mids: Helix E62C comps on Arc Audio FD2200
    Substage: 12" Alpine Type-R in 2.5@32Hz on Alpine MRP-M350

lawlyes2007 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went ahead and bought the hats, now I'm in the process of installing them.

Do I need a baffle on the inside of the door to keep water from getting on the speakers or how does that work?

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5046 Post(s)

you can if you want or just matt the doors .should have pm'ed me i could have saved you some cash if you had bought the cdt's

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

zako is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wattser93 View Post
    I was also in the same boat looking for a solid set of comps at that budget. If I had an active capable HU, I would have bought the HAT Imagines. The only reason I didn't was because I don't have active capability, and was worried about the tweets being too bright and not having a way to tame them.
    You don't need an active head unit to run them active. Run the woofer with no low pass filter and the tweeter with a high precision 2.2uF Dayton capacitor inserted inline. This replicates the passive crossover of the Imagines. This is what I am running with tweeters mounted in door sails and it sounds good. I keep digging out and enjoying some older albums because they sound so much better now, even though they seemed like nothing special in the past. I adjusted the tweeter gains by ear until the high frequencies sound just right too me, and added time delay to the left tweeter and woofer with the stereo, the best I could to center the sound stage. The high pass filter on the woofers is 70Hz with 24dB (as recommended in the manual), the sub low pass is 50Hz @18dB, and I bumped 65Hz band on the EQ by 3dB. I would have replicated this setup gain. The speaker amplifier is MB Quart REF4.80 4x80watts.

Closed Thread